Gibson Brands Forums

Issues With Gibson Guitar's Setup?

therookie_123

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have had problems with the guitars from the Custom Shop. I finally managed to coax my friend to switch over and try a Gibson (he's a Strat guy). However his first Les Paul he bought, straight out of the box, had issues, from the action to the intonation. In fact after further inspection, we found that one of the the tuning heads, was bent/ crooked. I had problems with intonation on my first Gibson Custom as well. I was wondering, is this a recurring event? Or do we just have rotten luck?

These things happen. If it's straight out the box then Gibson will sort it for you. Me personally I wouldn't drop big cash on a guitar without first playing it. Did it once with my studio but it worked out just fine.

9 Xs out of 10, a guitar WILL have to be set up out of the box. There are too many factors that can cause the (not so perfect) factory setup to go all out of wack. Plus, the setup they get at the factory is VERY generic and SHOULD be readjusted to fit your (or your friends) particular playing style/needs.

Archived