Gibson Brands Forums

Power Supply Question

deepblue

Does anyone here see a problem with me mounting a "Pedal Power 2 Plus" on top

of a Pedaltrain pedalboard?

Most people mount them underneath, but I cant. I need the wall wart to power up

my Rotosphere, and the adapter is far too big to fit in the space they provide.

I just wonder about the heat being generated by the Pedal Power...would it melt the

glue on the velcro if mounted on top?

I think it will probably be ok. I'd just make sure you can close the lid on the Pedaltrain case with the board inside before you permanently mount it. I think you're right about the heat possibly affecting the glue on the velcro. Maybe try removing the velcro where you're going to mount the power Pedal Power 2 first? The only downside I can think of is mounting the power source on top will take up some space that could be used for more pedals in the future... Good luck.

I think it will probably be ok. I'd just make sure you can close the lid on the Pedaltrain case with the board inside before you permanently mount it. I think you're right about the heat possibly affecting the glue on the velcro. Maybe try removing the velcro where you're going to mount the power Pedal Power 2 first? The only downside I can think of is mounting the power source on top will take up some space that could be used for more pedals in the future... Good luck.

Thanks Twiz...

I bought the Pro sized board, so I have plenty of space.

I ponder too much, I should just do it!

Does anyone here see a problem with me mounting a "Pedal Power 2 Plus" on top

of a Pedaltrain pedalboard?

Most people mount them underneath' date=' but I cant. I need the wall wart to power up

my Rotosphere, and the adapter is far too big to fit in the space they provide.

I just wonder about the heat being generated by the Pedal Power...would it melt the

glue on the velcro if mounted on top?[/quote']

You shouldn't have any problems with this. The older Pedaltrain boards didnt have the bottom mount for the Pedal Power. I had one with the PP2 mounted on top for a year or so without any issues.

You shouldn't have any problems with this. The older Pedaltrain boards didnt have the bottom mount for the Pedal Power. I had one with the PP2 mounted on top for a year or so without any issues.

Thanks Jon, thats what im going to do.

Archived