Gibson Brands Forums

Skype Users

Californiaman

CM - at work we use it to provide a legal service for students at all or our campuses - the lawyer just stays in one office and students can access it from wherever. It works well.

Not yet using it at home, but now you mention it, I could use it in my studio as my mac has a camera.

Hey, good opportunity for Gibson Forum members to talk face to face.

I will explore some more.

Our daughter went to Africa last summer and we were frantically searching for a way to communicate with her while she was there. We were considering a very expensive international cell phone plan with our provided when her older sister suggested Skype. What a find. Worked great and with the exception of a small web cam, it was free!! [biggrin] (cool smiley added for the enjoyment of ole Stiffy)

Good! Neither do I.

I don't want one. Not yet at least.

I finally broke down and bought one last September when my car stranded me in bad weather. I also got AMA the same day. But I refused to get caught up in all the hype and hoopla with contracts and more technology than I need, so I bought a $59.00 phone from 7-11 and a pay-as-you-go card. So far it's cost me almost $50.00 TOTAL! I control the phone, it does not control me.

I Skype regularly with my BFF in Saskatoon.

Archived