Gibson Brands Forums

Volume control on the guitar cable...

rocketman

Is that an acoustic related product? I don't really know much about acoustics and all the acoustics I've owned are/were cheap so all of them had volume controls (shouldn't expensive ones come with them too? What are they... probably 3 bucks each?) I have seen expensive acoustics with stock pickups and no volume controls, I've also seen acoustics where a pickup has been installed in the soundhole and there's no aparent volume control. Great idea for those.

I can't really se the use with electric guitars.

It's funny because Taylor talks about the same exact issue you brought up. The volume control is pretty cheap but if you want good pickups it'll cost you. Taylor just introduced the Mini. But to keep costs down it didn't come with a pickup system. If you really wanted one then it can easily be added in (the guitar already comes with a bracket to mount the pickup). The volume issue is solved by the cord...

Pardon my ignernts, [biggrin] but... Amplifiers have volume controls and guit tars have volume controls on them.... Why add another VC to the mix? with there attendant potential for hinkiness and / or failure?

Pardon my ignernts' date=' [cool] but... Amplifiers have volume controls and guit tars have volume controls on them.... Why add another VC to the mix? with there attendant potential for hinkiness and / or failure?[/quote']

It is for acoustic guitars Tommy, tipically acoustic guitars that have a passive "under the bridge pickup" where you do not have a volume control.

Sure you can tweak the knob on the amp or PA but in a live situation that is not that conveninent.

It is for acoustic guitars Tommy' date=' tipically acoustic guitars that have a passive "under the bridge pickup" where you do not have a volume control.

Sure you can tweak the knob on the amp or PA but in a live situation that is not that conveninent.

[/quote']

Ah. :-s

Not having ever corded an acoustic I had no idea. #-o

Ya see, I did learn something today. [cool]

Now I can go play guit tar.

What I wish they'd invent is a cable with a ear bud tap coming out of the guit tar end plug for an on-board monitor. [biggrin]

I might just invent one myself. :-k

Archived