Gibson Brands Forums

Now that the floods are gone,

Steven Tari

I'm just wondering how far the Gibson guitar factories were behind on making guitars on the ES models. It's coming up on two months since I ordered my guitar. I'm trying to calm down my wife a little, plus give myself a little notion when I might be getting the guitar I ordered. She's asking if I'd rather drop the order and get another guitar because of the wait. Me I don't mind waiting. But it would be nice to have something to tell her so she would calm down a little. Anyone there at gibson have any answer to the question to help curb my wife's and my wondering. Thank You

I was going to ask the Gibson Prez but he's got more Important thing's on his mind. Later [biggrin]

WOW, Post 666.

Yeah, he ain't much on talking about the Gibson Showcase either, but I'm cutting him some slack as I see him posting to multiple threads in the new forum.

Good luck... anything worth having is worth the wait (or so I've been told) [biggrin]

Thank you for your replies. I guess I'll just have to help her be a little less ansi. She's just used to order, paying for it, and then watching the shipping reports as the package get's sent right away. Paying and waiting, she's not used to that. SOOooo, I guess I'll just have to deal. Thanks.:-s

Sorry to confuse you Murf. Just trying to bait my way to some info. The answer's I received, helped. But to your question. I'm totaly Lost in what got flooded and where they make the guitars. Help the confusion in a Wizard of Oz Scarecrow logic sort of way?

So, it IS a 339 you're waiting on?

From who?

ES-339's are built in Memphis. No flood in Memphis.

I heard the Showcase in Nashville has been abandoned. I have no idea where mandolins are going to be built. Or when.

I heard the Showcase in Nashville has been abandoned. I have no idea where mandolins are going to be built. Or when.

Henry J apparently isn't going to answer my question about the Gibson Showcase over at the other forum. I'm gonna ***-u-me that means the news is bad, as in no more Showcase.

:-k

The only reason I had for going to Opry Mills will be gone. No Showcase, and as far as I'm concerned, they might as well save their time and money and abandon the Mall.

My .02 worth.

Henry J apparently isn't going to answer my question about the Gibson Showcase over at the other forum. I'm gonna ***-u-me that means the news is bad' date=' as in no more Showcase.

[/quote']

That's a shame. It was one of my many reasons to visit Nashville several times a year.

My other concern is Bluegrass instruments. With the rumors about Gibsons financial problems prior to the flood, the lack of production at 2 plants has to be hurting. The fact that Bozeman and Memphis were unharmed is proof that putting all of your eggs in one basket is NOT a good idea.

I see Musicians Friend has no red ES-339s in stock, but they have most of the others, and I saw the new "Natural" which is kind of cool.

True enough... Nashville tourism as a whole doesn't rely solely on the Showcase... but I can find virtually everything else from the Mall so much closer to home.

I'm probably just miffed, still, that they put up a Mall in place of Opryland /chuckle

I hope Gibson will continue to flourish. I think they can move their bluegrass instrument manufacturing back to one of the other plants, as I think that was where they were being made before Nashville.... but I can't recall where exactly [cool]

Careful with MF. I've ordered "in stock" items from them that weren't.

Well... Looks like my going to nashville days are over...

I couldn't say that. I HAVE to go to Gruhns a few times a year or something BAD might happen.

(or I'd save a few grand a year......)

My next mission is a dobro. (I think)

[-(

Archived