Gibson Brands Forums

Eq advice needed.

deepblue

I'd say the first thing you want to decide is if you want a parametric or a graphic one.

The graphic one will have a number of set frequencies you can cut or boost, while a parametric will have a number (usually fewer than the graphic) of bands where you can adjust the frequency you want to boost or cut.

To generalise, and for me personally, I'd use the graphic one if you want to change the overall tone completely, or use a parametric if you like the tone you have but just want to go in a fix a little something that is missing or that there is too much of.

i have the mxr 10 band eq pedal. this is one pedal i will never get rid of. i was able to dial in the tone i wanted in no time

I believe they are 18v?.....I wonder if I can run it using my power supply. Need to check.

Thanks fellas.

I believe they are 18v?.....I wonder if I can run it using my power supply. Need to check.

Thanks fellas.

It comes with a power adapter, but I run it through a Voodoo labs pedal power 2 with no problems.

I use the little knobby thingies on the fron of my amp.

MarshallDSL100MLB100WTubeGuitarAmplifier.jpg

And the other knobby thingies on my guitar. :-k

I'm with AXE on this one (as usual). If you can't dial in the pure tone your looking for with your guitar plugged straight into your amp, then you are using the wrong guitar, wrong amp, or both.

Nothing kills the natural sound of a guitar more than a bunch of stompboxes.

I'm with AXE on this one (as usual). If you can't dial in the pure tone your looking for with your guitar plugged straight into your amp' date=' then you are using the wrong guitar, wrong amp, or both.

Nothing kills the natural sound of a guitar more than a bunch of stompboxes.[/quote']

I agree 100%, but during those times when I use my loop I like to be able to fine tune.

You have much more control with a 10-12 band eq, than the standard 3 bands that come

on most amplifiers.

Archived