Gibson Brands Forums

Taylor Acoustic Road Show Dates announced

GlenBenGurian

Talking about other marques -- even saying complimentary things about them -- on Gibson's forum is one thing. But advertising their sales and promotional events here? Can't we show a little more sensitivity and respect than that?

-- Bob R

Thought others here might feel the same...

Lots of us do. But using resources kindly provided gratis by Gibson to help Taylor sell Taylors seems a little ... well, insensitive.

-- Bob R

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Hence the "FWIW." :-({|=

I'm a guitar lover: I own Martins' date=' Taylors, Gibsons, Takemines, Fenders, Gurians...

I'd check out any one of 'em. Any time. With no prejudice.

Thought others here might feel the same...[/quote']

I have Taylors and Gibsons and lots of others, an this is of interest to me. BUT, I will certainly get this info on another forum. I agree the Gibson forum should not be used to advertise other brands. It's just common sense and good manners.

Didn't know (didn't see that) the rules here were different.

I don't believe there is such a rule; it was just some of us opinionating. The Mods are very lax around here' date=' actually.

I do see now why traffic on this site is a fraction of what it is on the other sites' date=' though.[/quote']

No need for snide remarks.

• 7 months later...

You did the right thing - leave it posted.

I received my custom J-200 Jr last week (J-185 ec rosewood with J-200 neck - red spruce - burst etc ) configured from info I got on this website and I have been simply unable to get the D string to settle and quit buzzing.

Same exact problem I had with my Emmy Lou which they replaced a year ago (and that one is a ---- keeper my friend ).

I tried some various string combos of Masterbuilt light and medium and some minor truss rod adjustments but - no joy.

So today I tried to find someone in the Tallahassee area that I trust would help me out - I don't feel real comfortable with the resources I found available.

But hay - I have this post card from my Gibson dealer at PC Beach and it says the T---- road show is coming Thursday.

I searched on line for the Gibson Road Show and got nothing.... hmmm I think I'll be over at PC Beach Thursday and see if they can help me with this problem.

Gibson (bless them) won't be replacing this one - it took 2 tries to get the correct guitar made since we had a slight miss communication about what a 3 piece neck looks like :)

Fortunately my dealer wanted the first one.

I really like the old Mom and Pop shop thing that Gibson is doing and I support it 100% (with my wallet) but if a Road Show can help my Gibson cause then yes - it's a good thing.

And yes I get that Taylor bolt on necks are so different and yes I'm not a big fan , but more input is better I believe...and who knows maybe they can show me something I can't live without.

But I doubt it. My Gibsons are cranky but they also like to be percussion instruments and change character based on how hard you play into them and they season up nice and....well you know.

Leave it posted....I agree.

Ben

Archived