Gibson Brands Forums

Lets have a Lets see your amplifiers thread!

Svet

I am shocked that no one has initiated a amplifiers picture thread here on Amps and accessories! Everyone love pictures and sharing, no?!? Well lets get the ball rolling! Here is my collection of amps and they are as follows:

up top--Carr Mercury, Fender Blues Deluxe

bottom---- Fender Custom Shop 1964 VibroVerb Custom, Fender Twin, Fender Bassman and an Epiphone Blues Custom 30. The pedals are a couple of Ibanez Tube Screamers, an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail, a Dunlop Uni Vibe and a Dunlop Cry Baby.

amps1282008.jpg?t=1201719705

Please don't be shy and I hope you modders will share internal before and after pictures! I love looking at the work you guys do and I envy your talents!

Svet

Okay, but since this is an Epi thread, here's an old pic of a few of my toys. Missing from the shot are an Epi Valve Std and Mesa Blue Angel awaiting parts for a scratch rebuild. And that Blue VJr is now antique gold by the way. Couldn't stand that ice blue look for long.

VJrStacks.jpg

Gil...

NewPaintjob013.jpg

newbacksmal-1.jpg

the reverse rear to front mod. with a second vent in the back now made from the diamond plate my guitar boak is made from to match.. messing round with recoveing in white , so tested it our on the rear panel.. the Bitmo trio mods and a brand new Hammond dse125 installed yesterday. This is a great little set up i tour with and have set up side of stage when i'm teching bands and need a refernce amp to check pedals or guitars.. i am so in love with this amp.. thank you epiphone..

in your photobucket account below the pics are boxes with the links you can add to post pics. on other sights.. i just click on the IMG CODE ( it will automatically copy it to your clip board) Then go to the forum or wherever your wanting tppo sot the pics and press your second or right mouse button (on pc) and click on paste.. and voila it will appear as a long link and when you preview the thread it will be the picture.

hope this makes sense twang

Alright got it figured out! I've been itching to get this stuff together and post a pic....I tried to keep it Epi, but I, um - needed something pretty to get the EVJr's up off the floor ; ) and I have this weird Gibson karma that pops up every couple of years....

The 80's EP Standard over there on the left was given to me by a friend years after he'd thrown it in the closet after he popped the headstock, the pup's shorted out and he quit playing - I got those cream pup's from eastwood and they sound fantastic after years of not playing the thing because I couldn't find pup's i was happy with for it....

The 70's SG over there I got in parts for a hundred bucks after picking up a cheap jagmaster from a guy who said he had a project guitar he wanted to unload - there were no pup's in it and as you can see some 80's guy had routed out the poor thing for a kahler and added the middle pup, just off center enough to kinda bug me...i was able to fix that and then got those split hummers (2 gfs and an eastwood - anybody know if they're the same, they sound like it....) in there and man this may be one of the best sounding playing and versatile guitars I've ever had - very particularly through the EVJr's (but don't they all)

Then of course there are the 2 50's LG's that I found beat up and in need of restoration, but more less intact at a garage sale and from an old cat who had it sitting in the mud down at the Maxwell Street Market, for 10 and 3 bucks - but we'll just keep it to the electrics here....did I mention I have this weird gibson karma ; )

The head up there there is full marshall mods with a Milligan hi/lo input selector, Bitmo brat tone, and Layboomo 250k master and C3 lift (on the back) (to give credit where credit is due gentlemen) and yes it does totally rock!

The combo is a vox mod - much cleaner as it's my second mod....again with the Milligan input selector and is also a truly amazing sounding amp - I've acquired quite a taste for that C3 switch on the marshall particularly when I'm feeling twangy so next time I get to radio shack I'm going to get the switch to put that in......btw the standby's are on the backs of both of these amps

And the little magnatone troubadour down there - well that's just kinda pretty to look at isn't it!

(and it sound like a million bucks!)

javascript:insertsmiley(':d/ ','/images/emoticons/eusa_dance.gif')

Photo%203.jpg?imgmax=576

Archived