Gibson Brands Forums

New Images of my Sherri - come lets see everyones

Schtang

Thanks guys!!! Slender in the waist' date=' well rounded bottom... I guess she is kinda sexy.

I am totally envious of Svett's collection, he has some really gorgeous axes. As does L4 and so many other forum members. [/quote']

Hi JerryMac, I am honored but it is I who is envious of your collection! Thank You for the compliment and play all in great health. Now if Uncle Al could just resolve his issues we might really be in for a treat as far as guitar collections go. My monitor resolution is 1920x1200 so I can barely see what those little avatar boxes have images of. LOL

Svet

Question' date=' why is it that my Sheraton has Gibson on the truss rod cover and not the Epi E logo????[/quote']

brand name recongition.. suggested quality.. good advertising for gibson..makes people feel better.. explains all the copying..reminds you to spend more next time if you fall for it.

[-o</

brand name recongition.. suggested quality.. good advertising for gibson..makes people feel better.. explains all the copying..reminds you to spend more next time if you fall for it.

:D/

I would prefer the Epi Logo on the TRC. It is an Epiphone not a Gibson. If I wanted a Gibson I would have bought a Gibson' date=' I wanted a Sheraton because I found mine to play better than all the other brand Semi-hollows, and I believe Epiphone made fanatastic semi-acoustic. I have enough Gibsons and American Fenders and the epi really hit the mark with the Sherri, therefore I foregoed the Gibson ES333 and 335.

Here is my Family

[img']http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg38/Schtang/GUITAR_COMPOSITEweb.jpg[/img]

I erased the Gibson logo off of mine. This is an Epiphone!

Here's my Sherry from 1994' date=' long tenon and a bunch of mods. Best guitar I have ever played or owned.

sherrytq1.jpg

slsherry2et1.jpg

Mr. Dgassie.. Are those GFS Mean 90's on your Sheri? How do they sound? I have a black Dot with a Dream 90 and 180, but I'm considering trying the Mean 90's. I love the sound of my Sheri with the stock pu's, so I dont wanna' mess with it. The black on black looks cool as f#$k on 'em, though! Kinda' evil.

Twang, could we have some better picture of your sheraton, and a desription of the mods you've done? It looks awesome.

This is mine. Mods are...

GFS Mean 90s, Wilkinson EZ-Lok tuners, GFS strap locks, black speed knobs, vintage SG-style bridge, Bigsby.

0000498tf5.jpg

I like plain janes!

come on.. these things stock called us all right over to the rack.

we may personalize them, but I don't think any of us would be even mildly disappointed to just leave them.

of course, my cream and gold natural is pretty darn cool. *s*

TWANG~

WOW Guys ....beautiful set of guitars. I will have pics up soon of my 99' Dark Tobacco burst Sheri.

Just put Grover 135G Vintage gold Klusons with Cream pearloid knobs and cream PU covers.

So many P90 sheri's on here...and im seriously looking to put a GFS mean 90 in mine.

1. Which position did you all think needed the Mean 90 the most?..my bridge is awfull weak.

2. Did you install your own P90's or did you pay for the install...any good page for instruction?

Here is a good place to start about replacing pickups.

http://www.gibson.com/products/epiphone/forum/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=2&tid=132960

I put a set of GFS Vintage 59s in my Sherry and Dot myself. Not too hard but it does take some patience. I'm not sure what others say would be the best if just putting in one Mean 90, but guys around here really like them. I put a GFS P90 in my '57 Junior RI and I love it. GFS definitely has some good quality stuff for a very reasonable price, and Jay didn't pay me to say that.

If you do it yorself, DON'T solder the pickups up before trying to fish everything through, it won't work. You need to fish the pickup wires into the body of the guitar and out through the F Hole, and then solder the wires to your pots.

Archived