Gibson Brands Forums

Greetings.

Tukinator

Lurked around here a few times and finally decided to join.

Been playing for around 25 years now and like a lot of people used to be a prude when it came to Epiphone's.

Well, one day I came across the Lucille and was amazed by not just the beauty but the overall quality.

I had to have it. #-o

So at the time I bought the Lucille I had around 5-6 other guitars. Yamaha, Fender, Kramer, etc.

Bout a year and a half later and I have 20 Epi's and one Fender that I'll keep forever for sentimental reasons.

How or why Epi's have somewhat of a bad reputation is absolutely beyond me now. I've even got a few 80's bolt on neck guit's that play KILLER.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello. Hopefully I'll be a good contribution to this place. I'm currently waiting on my second Genesis which should be here today or tomorrow. Once it arrives, I'll post up some pics of the quiver.

Here's a little sample though. :-k

Cheers.

epiquiver006.jpg

Hey.

Just rejoined after the mess on the old forum about half a year ago where I was driven to madness over a ding on my only Epiphone, posted about it, and was chewed out and called a candy-*** after I wrote a sob story about how I was so physically weak that I couldn't get a job.:-({|=

I eventually got over it. I might post before and after shots of the dent that drove me to insanity, as well as a little of my background if I get around to posting my formal reintroduction topic.

Welcome. Hopefully I'll be as good a contribution to this place as you hope to be.

Thanks Capt. I'm generally cool with the wackos as well as the good peeps.

Either way' date=' lookin forward to the ride.[/quote']

Yeash! 20 Epis and you're a lurker?! How could you have not piped up 'till now??

Welcome to the forum! I'm one of the wackos! But you probably know that already......LURKER!

Hey.

Just rejoined after the mess on the old forum about half a year ago where I was driven to madness over a ding on my only Epiphone' date=' posted about it, and was chewed out and called a candy-*** after I wrote a sob story about how I was so physically weak that I couldn't get a job.:-({|=

I eventually got over it. I might post before and after shots of the dent that drove me to insanity, as well as a little of my background if I get around to posting my formal reintroduction topic.

Welcome. Hopefully I'll be as good a contribution to this place as you hope to be.[/quote']

Do you mean you were physically weak because you got a ding on your guitar?

Yeash! 20 Epis and you're a lurker?! How could you have not piped up 'till now??

Welcome to the forum! I'm one of the wackos! But you probably know that already......LURKER!

The first time I happened around must have been around the time the site was re-done. I was surprised that there were just a few members and very few posts. Another friend of mine, (who's actually on here too) informed me that it wasn't new site, but a re-do.

No Epiphone trasher, here...as I have plenty of Gibson, Ric, Fender, Gretsch AND Epiphones...to keep me quite happy.

However, one can never have "too many!" LOL! The only real "side effect" of this forum, is the large amount of "GAS,"

one can count on getting! But, it's a small (and fun) price to pay.

So, Welcome to the forum!

The first time I happened around must have been around the time the site was re-done. I was surprised that there were just a few members and very few posts. Another friend of mine' date=' (who's actually on here too) informed me that it wasn't new site, but a re-do.[/quote']

Ok, so you haven't been lurking that long... This new forum has only been up for a little over a month..

Ok' date=' so you haven't been lurking that long... This new forum has only been up for a little over a month..

[/quote']

Yeah, it was right about a month ago I hit it the first time. Between then and today, I probably peeped it around 5-6 more times. Like I said, at first I thought it was brand new but wondered why the member count was going up so quickly. Then my buddy told me last night about it being re-done and everyone having to re-do their accounts.

And I reckon lurker implies reading tons of posts and developing opinions and such. I probably only read a few posts.

I wanted a place where there were tons of people with tons of insight, knowledge. . .and guitars. I hesitated in joining because I was afraid it was just a handful of people on a brand new forum that hadn't even really caught on yet.

It looks to be exactly what I was hoping for though.

It's kinda funny cause when I had 5-6 I tried to make it a point to switch em up and play different ones all the time. As it grew though, that obviously became harder to do. :)

They all play like butta though. I've played 100's of guitars, but I'm hooked on Epi's.

It's kinda funny cause when I had 5-6 I tried to make it a point to switch em up and play different ones all the time. As it grew though, that obviously became harder to do. :)

They all play like butta though. I've played 100's of guitars, but I'm hooked on Epi's.

Archived