Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Balwin

marky33

Uhmmm I think thy're made by monkeys using photoshop from old tires and banana peels....

Probably plywood body,some kinda wood neck.Whatever they could get for electronics.My guess would be china or somewhere they could do it cheaper.

Sorry I don't know more,these aren't very well regarded around the forum.

Weird, the SG used to have trapezoid inlays. Maybe that's not the spirit model that has them. I remember looking at those a while back to use the body for a project guitar. If body wood is that crappy though, I'm glad I didn't.

Weird' date=' the SG used to have trapezoid inlays. Maybe that's not the spirit model that has them. I remember looking at those a while back to use the body for a project guitar. If body wood is that crappy though, I'm glad I didn't.[/quote']

The "Spirit" had dots. The "Signature" had trapezoids.

Uhmmm I think thy're made by monkeys using photoshop from old tires and banana peels....

Now that I've taken a look at the pictures on the press site' date=' I think you're right about the photoshop part. The Spirit logo on the headstock looks really photoshopped on.

Link to the image (as it's huge):

http://www.gibson.com/press/gbme/spirit/SPIRIT_SG.jpg

I'm glad you got her cheap and I hope she works out for you. Some poor guy gave $580 for one with some John Lennon graphics and a hard shell case on ebay last night.That has led to some outrage amongst us forum members.

I think the related post is titled "Is This For Real,Did I Miss Something?"

And I apoligize to your guitar and you,and certainly hope you don't have to use it as firewood,I think you could make a cool clock from one,and using it as firewood would no doubt put out toxic fumes,so you may want to avoid that!!

But hopefully you can just use it as a guitar.

daneman

I got it for 50 bucks at Circuit City on a mad mad closeout sale. I changed the strings, started setting it up, and behold--it sounds good! I have a Washburn LI-15 that sounds like crap compaired to this GBME. It feels like an Epi Les Paul Jr and sounds like a Special 2. One question though, I wonder who made it , I doubt it was Gibson, maybe Epi, any thoughts?

Well, Dano's were (are) hard board (masonite)! So..??? These, as inexpensive as they may be, are a lot better still,

than what us "boomer's" had, as "first guitars," in most cases. Although, some of the early Harmony (looked

like a small Fender "Jag,") and Kay or Dano/Sears guitars weren't "terrible!" Just not Fender or Gibson/Epiphone.

CB

Archived