Gibson Brands Forums

Studio Worn Cherry Vs. Standard Studio

tonydownhill

Well, it's more a question of what YOU think!

Worn Cherry, if you're talking about the Vintage Mahogany model, is all mahogany - no maple on top. A Studio is like a Standard, in that it has a maple top on a mahogany body but no binding.

All other things being equal (as in neck and fretboard woods, frets, pickups), the maple top will make the Studio a bit brighter. You will need to play both, and decide for yourself which model works for your tastes.

I think they're both great, yet different guitars. Are you asking for the sake of asking or are you buying one of them?

If you're asking for the sake of asking, this may turn out to be a good conversation.

If you're asking because you're buying one and don't know which one to buy, then...O:) enough with these vs. threads. PLEASE!!

I think they're both great' date=' yet different guitars. Are you asking for the sake of asking or are you buying one of them?

If you're asking for the sake of asking, this may turn out to be a good conversation.

If you're asking because you're buying one and don't know which one to buy, then...:^o enough with these vs. threads. PLEASE!![/quote']

I'm just asking for the sake of asking. Thought it might be a good conversation starter.

Archived