Gibson Brands Forums

Happy new '56 Goldtop guitar day to me

jcwillow777

Dude that's sooo coool! I Have the exact same guitar on the way from Germany to Estonia and i just couln't wait for it. That looks soo cool! I am a little worried about the singlecoil pickups but i think i'm going to fall in love with it:D

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats! I love mine. The neck is very comfortable for me and the action is really low. A great playing guitar. The P-90s sound great, they are a little noisey, but if you play it clean there really isn't that much noise, just when you kick on some pedals.

I teach at an elementary school and I brought mine in today, I played it for every class. What a blast, I can't believe that they pay me to do this. I hope you enjoy is as much as I enjoy mine.

Hey, congrats willow. Glad that you are happy with your new GT. That one is a beaut.

I got a less expensive Ebony GT a couple days ago. You assessment of the P90s and the neck is spot on.

Here's a pic of mine. I have installed black speed knobs and replaced the pickup covers and all other creme colored pieces with black, other than the pickguard. I'm debating

DSC00324.jpg

Hope you enjoy yours, I will mine.

Gibiphone

just north of the Mexican line

Hey' date=' congrats willow. Glad that you are happy with your new GT. That one is a beaut.

I got a less expensive Ebony GT a couple days ago. You assessment of the P90s and the neck is spot on.

Here's a pic of mine. I have installed black speed knobs and replaced the pickup covers and all other creme colored pieces with black, other than the pickguard. I'm debating

[img']http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/gibiphone/guitars/DSC00324.jpg[/img]

Hope you enjoy yours, I will mine.

Gibiphone

just north of the Mexican line

Looks nice, I like the black pickup cover and black speed knobs too. I think a BWB pick guard would finish it off really nice.

I changed the knobs on mine too. I put pointers on and Gold Speed knobs. I also put a set of Grover Vintage Green Keystones on and Dunlop strap locks. I may eventually put a Gotoh bridge and tailpiece on it, but I'm happy with it the way it is now. I love the stock P90s.

LesPaulGoldtop.jpg

Here's a pic of mine. I have installed black speed knobs and replaced the pickup covers and all other creme colored pieces with black' date=' other than the pickguard. I'm debating

[/quote']

Lose the pickguard alltogether, and replace the toggleswitch with an amber one. Just like this Gibson Classic Custom

gibson-les-paul-classic-p-90.jpg

And HNGD to you JC!

Looks nice' date=' I like the black pickup cover and black speed knobs too. I think a BWB pick guard would finish it off really nice.

I changed the knobs on mine too. I put pointers on and Gold Speed knobs. I also put a set of Grover Vintage Green Keystones on and Dunlop strap locks. I may eventually put a Gotoh bridge and tailpiece on it, but I'm happy with it the way it is now. I love the stock P90s.

[img']http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jcwillow777/56%20Goldtop/LesPaulGoldtop.jpg[/img]

Very cool, JC. I just ordered the Gotoh replacement bridge last night. I've already put a TP-6 tailpiece on my Gold Top.

LOVE the way those Grover Keystones look. I'll be putting those on in the near future.

jykiii and Gibiphone, HNGD! Those Ebony GTs were an absolute steal at $299!

Archived