Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

OT epi vj front panel


TWANG

Recommended Posts

came out pretty good so I thought I'd show how it looks. the tape around parts is to hold the tolex a bit while the glue sets up better.

but you get the idea.. front panel now has screen like the rear panel.. runs much cooler.. keeps the look..

 

panel1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used some spray on adhesive and I have to say it sucks. I had a hellova time, it sticks to anything better than what you want it to.. and not an

exaggeration!.. or your fingers.

lots of clamping and taping and pissing around I wouldn't use it again.

Whatever epi used it was much better than this.

So. I know that doesn't help get it done, but at least it saves you a pain!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Twang,

Thanks for the heads up. I only have some small rips and tares on a couple of old guitar cases and an old amp.

I probably would have used the spray adhesive. Would have been frustrating if it hadn't worked. Maybe I will try some brush on contact cement instead. If it works on formica it should hold vinyl fabric.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure it looks great Twang, but I'm at work an all graphics are blocked so I just see a question mark.

 

I used the 3M spray stuff too, and I wasn't impressed. I got something at Ace Hardware, but I can't remember the name of it. It was recommended by some guys that built speaker cabs, I can't remember where. I am at work, when I get home tonight I'll look cause I have some left over. It worked pretty good. On one job I did, I ran out and just used wood glue. Everything held fine. I know people have said not to use wood glue in case you want to remove it, but I had no intensions of removing it. I just had to clamp it until it dried in place and it turned out pretty good, for an amature. I did have to use corners though, cause I'm no pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used what I had on the original. If you cut it right, it works fine!

glue is drying again.. that stuff really sucked!

but pics soon.

 

 

I did another thing as long as I had it out today.. I put the new screen, which didn't match the rear panel, on the rear panel of another head..

and then used that screen in this one so it would match. looks better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...