Gibson Brands Forums

Is my pickups is good???

ejaykasai

Sure they're good. Though they switched to china epis quality control is still in place and I'm sure the chinese pups

meet their standards.

How good is as theeges says.. up to your ears!

people swap out major brands, too.. sometimes several times before they get what they want.

play it.. get used to them.. judge patiently based on their performance, not on what you hear from people so much.. and

go from there. But take some time.

just having them the right height or adjusting the poles correctly can make a big difference.

Yes is yours pickups is good if is you like them is

When you see that someone is from a non english speaking country you don't have to bust his chops. For some people english is a second or even third language. Show a little respect. Do you really need to point out how well you've mastered the only language you know?

I see this behavior on other forums too, and it really is not cool.

Yeah, and we wonder why other countries don't have the kind of respect for America,

that we used to enjoy. While it's true, it's human nature to mock things, that are incorrect,

or sound/look odd, we need to take the "high road," now and then. I have several Asian,

and European friends, who's "English" isn't perfect, but they at least try, to learn...and are

(most times) very appreciative of being corrected, in a respectful manner. They do resent

(and rightfully so) being made fun of. Who wouldn't?! How many Americans know ANY other

language! Some, of course...but, not as many as will need to, given the growing "Global"

community, especially business/economics related.

I realize, that his mocking was probably just done in "fun," but...unless you know someone

well enough, to do that, and they will find the humor, or even return the jesture....let's try to keep

this forum above the rest. Just my 2-cents worth.

CB

I just changed my Epi LP pick ups to Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB set. A remarkable difference, very smooth clear tone no mudness like the originals.

Bu, Don't be too quick to change your pick-ups. Play with them for awhile.

Thanks to both, Charlie Brown and Dr.Killmore....I'm a french speaking Canadian, but defending myself not to bad in english ( surrounded by English speaking persons.Lolll ) BTW, I can take jokes about my mistakes in English, but always proud I could speak 2 languages...

Another subject....Dr.Kilmore...How long do you think your avatar will survive in this forum...Lollllllll

And ejaikasai... Are you happy with your pick ups ? you are the only one that could answer that.

Another subject....Dr.Kilmore...How long do you think your avatar will survive in this forum...Lollllllll

I have been thumbing my nose at the establishment ever since some of my off topic posts were removed. At first I got mad and was going to leave the forum' date=' but then I came to my senses.

I found a healthy way to vent, and I [b']do[/b] have an undying love for Teles and Strats. Sorry Big Brother........NOT.

Well, any of us (I'm quite sure) are guilty of stepping on our tongues, or eating some nice shoe leather,

now and then. I think, for the most part, the forum members, do a good job of policing our-

selves, and trying to keep it respectful, and FUN, too! Staying "On Topic" seems a bit more problematic....LOL!

But, not out of control, by any means! It's still a good forum, and fun place to "hang out!"

Cheers,

CB

Speaking of staying "On Topic?" Ejaykasai-san, I'd say change your pickups, ONLY after you have exhausted

all other variables. Amp tone, setttings, even volume and tone settings on your guitar, as well as pick-up height,

will all contribute to "your tone!" We are glad to offer our expiences, and recommendations, based on that...but,

it really IS, your decision as to whether or not, the stock pickups give you what you want. And, too..."tastes"

change, in both style and expectations. My "Tone" may not appeal to you, or anyone else, at all?! Anyway...

have fun, experimenting, and let us know what you find out, or decide.

CB

Archived