Gibson Brands Forums

New plastic

RotcanX

Just got in a spankin' new LP Standard, EE0804, and I'm noticing that they changed the colour of the plastic parts, most notably the pickup rings. Now they're more of a beige colour as opposed to that yellowy colour they used to be. Not sure if I like this more; note that neither one is the correct 'cream' shade. But then again even the Gibsons are using some pink plastic these days.

Just got in a spankin' new LP Standard' date=' EE0804, and I'm noticing that they changed the colour of the plastic parts, most notably the pickup rings. Now they're more of a beige colour as opposed to that yellowy colour they used to be. Not sure if I like this more; note that neither one is the correct 'cream' shade. But then again even the Gibsons are using some pink plastic these days.[/quote']

Interesting............... any chance of posting pics for comparison, kind sir ???

Amen to that' date=' I quit drinking and smoking and save over 600 bucks a month. [/quote']

Ummmm, I hope you're exaggerating a tad......or, dang, you drank/smoked a LOT !!!:-

Just got in a spankin' new LP Standard' date=' EE0804, and I'm noticing that they changed the colour of the plastic parts, most notably the pickup rings. Now they're more of a beige colour as opposed to that yellowy colour they used to be. Not sure if I like this more; note that neither one is the correct 'cream' shade. But then again even the Gibsons are using some pink plastic these days.[/quote']

Yes. I got one too. I spoke to Epi customer service on the phone. They said that Epiphone matched the exact color of current Gibson plastic. I compared it with a current Gibson and I couldn't tell the difference. Looks good.

I've seen some variances in aftermarket pickguards and pickup rings in the cream color. My Epi came with black PG and pup rings and it just didn't look right to me, so I changed it over to cream. I just learned to ignore and get used to the slight difference. It's only noticeable up close.

Archived