Gibson Brands Forums

double cut LP

kevin134

It is a set neck Frank, and so far the only other pic i can find of one with the 2 tone/2 volume and pu selector in normal lp position is yours, any pics of the headstock?? and this is a special then? Last question, the treble pu seems weak, when 1st plugged into the guys amp he had volume pretty low, the rythym pu was sounding good, but could not hear the treble til we turned the amp volume up, tone and volume for both were at ten

It is a set neck Frank' date=' and so far the only other pic i can find of one with the 2 tone/2 volume and pu selector in normal lp position is yours, any pics of the headstock?? and this is a special then? Last question, the treble pu seems weak, when 1st plugged into the guys amp he had volume pretty low, the rythym pu was sounding good, but could not hear the treble til we turned the amp volume up, tone and volume for both were at ten[/quote']

Probably an easy fix if you're good with a soldering iron. Maybe you can use that to get an even better price.

It is a set neck Frank' date=' and so far the only other pic i can find of one with the 2 tone/2 volume and pu selector in normal lp position is yours, any pics of the headstock?? and this is a special then? Last question, the treble pu seems weak, when 1st plugged into the guys amp he had volume pretty low, the rythym pu was sounding good, but could not hear the treble til we turned the amp volume up, tone and volume for both were at ten[/quote']

well i guess since you already bought it these are probably a bit redundant, but since you asked...

good4.jpggood3.jpg

Thanks Frank, I was curious if your headstock was same as mine with the inlay. As for the pickup problem, I took off both covers to look at the wiring, could not find any loose wiring, but looked like one or two wires may have gotton pinched by the control plate cover, put covers back on, and problem was gone.. Eventually on this and my Black Beauty I intend on upgrading pickups, pots, toggle and input jack to higher quality stuff... so not gonna worry about the pinched wire as long as its working for now..

well i definitely wanna change the tuning machines on mine...the stock ones are garbage. although' date=' it's a pain finding affordable white-button tuners like i want'](*,)

What kind are you wanting, Frank? And what do you consider "affordable"?

just regular white button ones' date=' preferably around 20ish bucks. the only set around here is at a local shop, and they're asking 40 for them, yeesh. even the guy working there said that was too much.[/quote']

yeah... seems like $40-ish is about right for something around Gotoh quality. GFS has some nickel buttton ones that are a tad over $20 ($21.95 I think), but then when you add shipping, you're creeping in close to $30. If the white buttons are what you REALLY want, I say get them and spend the extra few bucks. Then every time you look at the guitar, you'll be glad you didn't "settle" for something else.

Its a Les Paul Special Double Cut with p 90's. I believe its modeled after the Gibson version, except that I think someone pointed out that Franks and mine did not have correct pickguard and possible toggle switch placement as Toggle is where it would be on a regular LP rather then a Double Cut...I like mine this way so am not bothered by that...

Not sure what the story is on this version; perhaps Epiphone screwed up on the design. Closest thing to it that I can find was John Lennon's LP Special DC but it has a very short 3/4 scale...

cherry.jpg

However I guess it's possible that there was a full-sized model at some time; however I've been unable to find a picture or description matching the Epi version.

Hey, this is very similar to the Agile AD2300 I just purchased. I am posting photo just for comparisons.

Why do I feel like a traitor b/c I purchased a guitar other than an EPI?#-o

Probably b/c I love this forum, and all the members have been real cool to me and given me excellent advice.

Well, I love Epis...but this little guitar rocks. Putting Kent Armstrong High output P90's in it this weekend.

AgileAD2300.jpg

Archived