Gibson Brands Forums

OT: Epi Valve Seniors at Sweetwater

Blooz' date=' good to see you over here.[/quote']

Hey, Strum!

I haven't checked in here in a while, but your posts on the Valve Sr. prompted me....

I sure hope that Epi comes up with another winner with this amp!

Hi, folks. Newbie here, but not new to Epi's. (I currently have a BC 30 and a So-Cal 50 -- lovely amps, especially the BC!). The Valve Sr. has me intriguged as well. I've ordered the head. Actually, it's an exchange for a Winsdor Studio that I just never bonded with. I was also told mid-September by my sales guy. I am curious as to why Epiphone is beign so low key with this. Nothing on the site, now photos, no reviews, etc. It's strange, since Blackheart's really promo-ing the Handsome Devil and the Killer Ant, both of which seem to be off schedule in production, which appears to be happening with the VS. Then again, maybe that's part of the plan: Just let a low, rumbling underground buzz build about the thing and let it take off when the first batch arrives.

I got a call from Sweetwater yesterday and was told they didn't expect the order to be filled until sometime in September. It looks like we might be in for a long wait. ;)

I received an e-mail from Sweetwater today saying the same thing. Funny thing was I received an e-mail from Gibson about an hour later that stated:

Hello Mark' date='

We don’t have a definitive release date at this time, but we are still hoping for some time later this year (possibly early winter). Here is the only info we have at this time:

Valve Senior Combo (also available in head/ cabinet version):

20 watt all tube, gain and volume for overdrive, Reverb is tube driven, 3 band eq with active midrange and presence, 6v6 and 12AX7 tube set, standby switch to allow tube warm up and cool down, high and low inputs, 4,8,16 ohm extension speaker outputs, 1x 12" 75 watt Lady Luck by Eminence speaker.

Thank you for the inquiry.[/color']

Funny thing was I received an e-mail from Gibson about an hour later that stated:We don’t have a definitive release date at this time' date=' but we are still hoping for some time later this year (possibly early winter).[/color']

Uh, oh...! Sounds like more than a shipping snag to me there Sw*******r:^o

Now what could it be..., hmmmm..., well lads have at it..., the Epiphone forum --- The Rumors Start Here :)

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

just seems like they put the hype out to test the market in some small way... via sweetwater only so far as I can tell.

Too bad.. strike while the iron is hot, they say.. and the VJ may have lost some ground after the Blackhearts came out..

but. business is business.. I guess.

They're gone?!?

Sweetwater has taken them off their webpage.

Rumor has it (since Epi has been uncourteously mum, I started it) that China's Olympic lockdown has production/shipping at a standstill..., so hope for Xmas -- but expect Boxing Day (that one will have all non-Canadiens scratching their heads);)

They're gone?!?

Sweetwater has taken them off their webpage.

Rumor has it (since Epi has been uncourteously mum' date=' I started it)[/i'] that China's Olympic lockdown has production/shipping at a standstill..., so hope for Xmas -- but expect Boxing Day (that one will have all non-Canadiens scratching their heads):-

That's what I've heard also. And that they're not expected to be in until early Oct. Hope so, 'cause I'm not waiting until Boxing Day!

If they're going to be released on Boxing Day, does that mean I have to drive into Canada to buy one, or will they also be released in the United States on December 26?

If I have to wait until Boxing Day, I'm going to have to start a petition to create a new national holiday...

If I have to wait until Boxing Day' date=' I'm going to have to start a petition to create a new national holiday...[/quote']

Holidays are big economy boosters -- sounds like your idea is right for the times!

If they're going to be released on Boxing Day' date=' does that mean I have to drive into Canada to buy one, or will they also be released in the United States on December 26?

If I have to wait until Boxing Day, I'm going to have to start a petition to create a new national holiday...[/quote']

I'm not going to wait until Boxing Day. All Saints Day, maybe. Although I might drive to Canada to get one. :-k :-

Archived