Gibson Brands Forums

Big Time GAS! Any experience with this guitar?

midiman56

I was born and raised on Manhattan island, but I must be a cowboy at heart! I hear this one calling my name (yodelling, actually). At 2k its not cheap by any means, but it looks like a lot of guitar for the dough and its way cheaper than what you'd pay for a similar Gretsch.

http://www.epiphone.com/elitist/chet.htm

So ... any experience with this model? Not too much out there as far as feedback/ reviews. I'm all ears ... thanks!

MIDI

When this guitar was announced (but hadn't been released yet), I was GASing big time for it. When it eventually did come out, I never saw it online except for someone on ebay trying to sell theirs(!). The deal-breaker for me was that it was not short scale. So, I bought a Gretsch Country Classic.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that NOBODY stocks this thing ... at least in my neck of the woods! Even the folks at Ed Roman (who stocks every oddball ax ever made) acted like they never heard of it. Maybe time for a couple of Tums and a cooling off period! Thanks for the reply, Jeffery!

MIDI

I've never seen the Epi OR the Gibson version, in this part of the country.

Doesn't mean it isn't in stock at some store(s), but I've been to most in the

Wichita, Kansas City, and Oklahoma City area, and I've never seen either

version. I'm sure, if you can find one, it's a nice guitar. But Chet will always

be a Gretsch player, in my mind...in spite of his split with them, for some years.

CB

I'm beginning to get the feeling that NOBODY stocks this thing ... at least in my neck of the woods! Even the folks at Ed Roman (who stocks every oddball ax ever made) acted like they never heard of it. Maybe time for a couple of Tums and a cooling off period! Thanks for the reply' date=' Jeffery!

MIDI[/quote']

I think there are just too many heavy metal guitarists out there, and they are all saying "Who the hell is Chet Atkins?"

Chet_atkins.jpg

I can't say that he really influenced me. No way I'll ever be able to finger-pick like that!

I think there are just too many heavy metal guitarists out there' date=' and they are all saying "Who the hell is Chet Atkins?"

I can't say that he really influenced me. No way I'll ever be able to finger-pick like that![/quote']

Well..I had heard of him before I went the metal route. But he was one of those guys together with guys like Segovia and Bream. Fantastic, but also really depressing to listen to. You know, guys that made you want to sell your guitar and give it up alltogether...

Archived