Gibson Brands Forums

Why can't I hook up a 2nd Epi 1)12 cab to the Amp?

check it with a continuity tester.. got a multimeter?

you should do that before you plug it in anyway.

use the ohm meter.. and see if you get a reading... then see if it's the right ohms at the same time.

If you have the jack right, it will work.

I've done the 2nd Jack in parallel; Using 8ohm tap jack; but when I plug in the 2nd spkr-wire jack' I get NO SOUND?!?!?
The jack in the Epi is STUPID!!! It has a continuous wrap-around lug bar; but when you plug the jack in it cuts the other side off?!?

So I soldered to the main side and I GOT 2 Bottoms !!!( I used to have roadies that did all this stuf!)

Thanx For all the advice!

:D/

The jack in the Epi is STUPID!!! It has a continuous wrap-around lug bar; but when you plug the jack in it cuts the other side off?!?

So I soldered to the main side and I GOT 2 Bottoms !!!( I used to have roadies that did all this stuf!)

Thanx For all the advice!

:D/

Well it's not stupid at all ....it's called a cancel jack and when not in use it dumps to ground to prevent noise...it's pretty basic actually. If you simply wire 2 of the same type jacks in parallel there is no problem... Honestly you are lucky you didn't blow an output transformer.

well sort of is stupid if the 2nd connector shunts the signal to ground; or worse.. disconnect the speaker cable so there is no signal reaching the cab, then what's the point of shunting the connector to ground with no signal?

I found this web site that might help you with pictures:

http://www.rru.com/~meo/Guitar/Amps/Kalamazoo/Mods/speaker.html

note: this forum doesn't allow for long url's, just clip and paste it into another browser

well sort of is stupid if the 2nd connector shunts the signal to ground; or worse.. disconnect the speaker cable so there is no signal reaching the cab' date=' then what's the point of shunting the connector to ground with no signal?

I found this web site that might help you with pictures:

http://www.rru.com/~meo/Guitar/Amps/Kalamazoo/Mods/speaker.html

note: this forum doesn't allow for long url's, just clip and paste it into another browser[/quote']

ET it's just that they use the same cliff style jacks for everything.......if I remember right?

Archived