Gibson Brands Forums

I don't believe it.

shartom

The Epi/Gibby brass must have flipped their machune heads. I just read that the LP 56 Goldtop with P90's has been discontinued. This is the best sounding guitar I have played and I've got a fleet of 15.

Maybe Gibby thought it was too good of a deal compared to the $3000 version they offer.

I'll never get rid of mine, in fact I am playing with my group this Friday and Saturday night. My Gibby Studio has been somewhat unreliable since I bought it so it will be stayin at home.

If you can find a 56 Reissue out there, grab it.

The world is coming to the it's end, of course being round, I don't think that will happen unless Gibby discontinues it....

As my optomerist is used to saying....very short sighted....

Got mine just in time then. And, no, I wouldn't part with mine anytime soon. It's a really great sounding guitar that I haven't seen the need to modify in any way other than the fret dressing I did (and posted pictures of).

I hate to see them discontinue the 56 Goldtop, but it just reinforces my reason for buying it. My wife thought it was a plain looking guitar. She likes sunburst and flametops. I explained that it was an icon among LPs and I needed to have one (grin).

I had a friend that wanted to get that guitar and do an Old Black replica with that... guess not anymore.

Epiphone is really pissing me off big time.

MF actually had the 56's in Ebony there for a while, I think they were even $100 cheaper. Maybe you can find one on eBay if you keep your eyes peeled.

Archived