“Live and Let Die”

“Let It Be”

“Hey Jude”

“Lady Madonna”

“Get Back”

“I Saw Her Standing There”

“Yesterday”

“Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”

http://paulmccartneytour2008-2009.blogspot.com/2008/09/paul-mccartney-tour-2008-setlist-and.html

Well, John was there in "Spirit," no doubt! Paul did a very nice version of "Give Peace A Chance" in his honor, and in

the spirit of what the concert was about. It WAS a Rousing success (thank you God!). He had more security (to make

sure it was as safe as it could possibly be...there!), than ANY head of state, ever had! So, my "worries" were for not,

but...with all that has happened, in the past, a threat of that nature, naturally, gave me (and a lot of others) reason to

be quite concerned. Just thankful, that nothing bad happened, and Israel finally got to see a "Beatle," and enjoy a wonderful day of Peace, together. If that could only LAST! But, it's a good step, in the right direction.

Thanks, for asking...

CB

As to John Lennon....I spent his birthday (Thursday...10-09) listening and watching all things "Beatle" and "Lennon!"

It was a wonderful day...for me, at least!

It was also, of course, a sobering reminder...of all we've lost! Still...what he gave us,

while he (and George) and the rest, were here/together...is a wonderful legacy! Just wish it could have continued, for all of us!

I was reading the 4 excerpts (in the London Daily Mail...on line) from the forthcoming biography about John. Sounds really

interesting. He was so brilliant, and oh so "Human," too! I think it's due to be released on Oct. 28...here in the "States!"

"John Lennon: The Life" by Philip Norman. So...one more book, for us "Beatle/Lennon" freaks to devour! LOL!

CB

Loved JL's music Charlie. I think he really made an impact on everyone who listened to it. The only thing I didn't like about John was his damn wife. I think that at least behind the scenes she ran a good deal of his life and I never quite understood how he could allow that. He was the shining light not her. Seems like she dominates everything now also and I kind of feel bad for his kids having to deal with her. Just my .02 cents Charlie.

My two cents.... and this may be oversimplifying but John seemed to need and crave that stablizing mother figure in his life that he didn't get as a child. He even called Yoko mother. I do believe John would not have come under Yoko's "spell" if he didn't want to be. Whatever gets you thru the night... right?

What I don't get is her commercialization of all things John. Ok I get the tie in with the Granny Glasses and the Lennon guitars but baby clothes and diapers??!! Imagine indeed

275057jpg.jpg

baby make poo poo for Uncle Johnny??

My two cents.... and this may be oversimplifying but John seemed to need and crave that stablizing mother figure in his life that he didn't get as a child. He even called Yoko mother. I do believe John would not have come under Yoko's "spell" if he didn't want to be. Whatever gets you thru the night... right?

What I don't get is her commercialization of all things John. Ok I get the tie in with the Granny Glasses and the Lennon guitars but baby clothes and diapers??!! Imagine indeed

275057jpg.jpg

baby make poo poo for Uncle Johnny??

All of his biographies seem to support this. He was very fond of his birth mother, but raised by his aunt (the father was an absentee bum). His mother died when John was still an adolescent, and he named his son after her. His mother taught him banjo and seemed to have his twisted sense of humor. Yoko came in and didn't wilt under his sarcastic wit. Soon, she was making all of his decisions for him. Part of it seemed to be John's poor self image. She didn't help that at all, telling him he had a lousy voice. That's when John started using echo chambers for his singing.

As far as Yoko goes, she was the love of John's life...controlling, or otherwise. He openly admitted needing that, and everyone

that knew him, said so, as well. She was, at his insistance or by mutual agreement, made the caretaker of his fortune, so ran his

buisness, while he played "house husband," which he loved, by all accounts. I'm sure, like any relationship/marriage, there were

plenty of "ups and downs," but Yoko made John's fortune much larger, even before his death. He has stated (if you watch "Imagine")

that anyone that thinks he's had the wool pulled over his eyes, that THAT is an "insult to him!" I'm not defending Yoko (she can take

care of herself, as we've all witnessed), but she was, as incomprehensible as it may seem, to some...his "soul mate!"

As to things of late, regarding her "comercializing his legacy.?" In a way, in spite of what it may do to her vast fortune, it does turn

on a new generation, to John...make them familar at least, to his name, so maybe they'll seek out his music, too. "Commericial"...

absolutely. But, then the whole world is such! Every concert by any band/artist, has that element attached. And, with full

consent of the "Artists!" I know a lot of folks out there hate Yoko! But, what's important is that John loved her, and he KNEW

exactly, how she was/is. I'm saddened, that Julian seems, by most accounts, to have had the "short

end of the stick," regarding inheritance, etc. But, we don't really know, all the details, so it might not be quite as negative, as

some would have us believe. I reallly don't know... All I know is that he left us a great bunch of music, wit, and hopefully,

that will last forever, generation to generation.

CB

The spacing is because whatever you type has different margins set than the display field, so it wraps to a new line - just in time to catch your carriage return. It'll be something like that.

And, traditionally, Japanese women of the samurai class have controlled the family finances. The thought was that she was responsible to provide whatever funds her husband needed, whenever he needed them, so he could concentrate on the truly important stuff like war. A man handling money was thought to be, um, effeminate.

The spacing is because whatever you type has different margins set than the display field' date=' so it wraps to a new line - just in time to catch your carriage return. It'll be something like that.

And, traditionally, Japanese women of the samurai class have controlled the family finances. The thought was that she was responsible to provide whatever funds her husband needed, whenever he needed them, so he could concentrate on the truly important stuff like war. A man handling money was thought to be, um, effeminate. [/quote']

Interesting (on the spacing thing)...Thanks, Snookelputz. I'll try to do more "Previews" before posting, from now on...as it seems random, and not at all predictable.

As to Samurai class Japanese women...you're correct, I believe. A lot of people don't know (or probably care)

that Yoko came from that class, in Japanese society. And, was very strictly raised, that way. So, her natural

(and learned) behavior, in that regard, would have been to do what she did, with his business. And, that

was fine, with John.

CB

Archived