Gibson Brands Forums

Gas attack for a dot.

corcoran

I had Dot GAS last week Friday. I originally was looking for a 'burst, but like you mentioned, the pictures don't look too good. After doing a GIS (google image search) and looking at a few pics taken by regular people, I concluded that the look of the 'burst didn't appeal to me at all. I ended up buying one in natural finish from Sweetwater. It'll be here Wednesday! (pics will surely follow!):D/

What I like about Sweetwater is they take pictures of the actual guitar they're selling. There may be a few to choose from, so you can compare them and pick the one most visually appealing. It's still a crap shoot as to how it sounds, but until the technology advances to the point where you can actually hear them, at least you can choose the prettiest one.:-k

I used to have a Gibby ES-335 natural many years ago, and stupidly sold it. The new Epi Dot reminds me of it. I hope it sounds at least half as good!=D>

BTW, if you want to order anything from Sweetwater, I suggest that you call and ask if they can give you a better price than what's on the website. Doing this saved me $49 off a B-DEC a few months ago, and $51 off the Dot I just ordered.[-X

Just don't tell 'em I said that!:-$

I think they look great in person. I have a cherry Dot and I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. Many by musicians. I did a few mods to mine. I didn't care for the sound of the pickups, so that was the first thing I changed on mine. But, many here are totally happy with the pickups.

Just trying to do my part and feed the GAS pains:

Dotcomplete.jpg

Lately I have been gassing for a natural semi. I have been thinking about the Valensi Riviera. Whatever I get, I will order from Sweetwater. I will definitely try calling them on my next order and ask for a better price, I haven't done that before. All they can do say is no, or yes! Thanks for the heads up Charley.

My three main electrics are Dot, American Fender Strat Deluxe, and a Wildkat. Of the three, the Dot is the least expensive, but my favorite and most versatile. I always recommend the Dot to anyone looking at spending no more than $400 to $500 (cheaper if used or B stock). Mine is stamped "2nd" on the back of the head and I still haven't figured out what is wrong with it.

Picture149-1.jpg

Picture133.jpg

Picture257.jpg

I'm in the market for a dot. Unfortunately I can resist. But the pictures on the sites look soo crummy. So I wanna know' date=' how do they really look like in person? Are they as crappy looking in real life just like the site pictures? Thanks a lot.[/quote']

I have a Samick Dot in natural finish, and it looks wonderful. I got it used on ebay before all of the counterfeit copies started surfacing.

Archived