Gibson Brands Forums

les paul standard plus top transparent amber

xoso1281734109

I'm about to order one of these in the next couple of days. I saw one 'in the flesh' a couple of years ago and really liked the colour but all the web-sites I've looked at recently have pics that make it look really garish (possibly because they are lo-res). None of my local music shops have one in stock so I'm going to take a leap of faith and order off the internet (probably from Thomann). My question - Does anybody have any decent pics of an LP standard in transparent amber they can post to confirm it really is the colour I want?

I'm about to order one of these in the next couple of days. I saw one 'in the flesh' a couple of years ago and really liked the colour but all the web-sites I've looked at recently have pics that make it look really garish (possibly because they are lo-res). None of my local music shops have one in stock so I'm going to take a leap of faith and order off the internet (probably from Thomann). My question - Does anybody have any decent pics of an LP standard in transparent amber they can post to confirm it really is the colour I want?
Can't help w/ pics of the trans-amber, but can definitely identify with what you've experienced, in terms of finish appearance). I bought a honeyburst plus-top online (actually, was expecting a plain-top, as it was the "value package" and it only said Les Paul Standard - and it was priced $50 less than the plus was selling at the time (last Feb, I believe). The online retailer pics definitely don't do them justice........ I got me my beautiful honeyburst+top plus the crappy amp and assorted crap for $499....was stunned when I opened the box. I think you'll be pleased with the finish, you only have to hope that you get a "good one" (guitar, that is, beings as you can't demo it first...I was pretty lucky, mine was set up decent, and now plays quite well bone stock).

When I was online shopping, the honeyburst looked like the vintage burst....dark - mine's only dark in no light...low lighty it/s somewhat brown, direct light it's very light ..... Good luck .... PS, my sig pic was in indirect light outside late afternoon/early evening.....'tis more yellow/amber/honey in bright light.

EDIT .....Just for reference, here's a post on another forum (an Epi LP sub-forum, to stay "on-topic" even if off-site:-k with someone's recently acquired trans-amber http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/20728-finally-transamber.html

Guest alanhindle

Not sure about that amber one. Looks a bit yellowish to me. The flame amber tops look nice on contemporary shapes like Jacks*ns but I'm not sure on the Les Paul if you wanted more of a classic look. My Honeyburst seems light enough to me if that's any help. I agree with RSDx's assessment of the colour of a honeyburst. Can't stop looking at mine.

Alan

Archived