Gibson Brands Forums

First Complaint about To Noisy!

mrjones200x

Had my first knock on the door today and was asked to turn down my Valve Junior V3. They said it was shaking their wall and they were studying!

Well i do live in a flat and i had it maxed out through the V3 combo running my LP!

We get on well with the neighbours so i was good and switched to my Vox AD-30-VT at a more sensible volume.

They may get a shock when i get my marshall 1936 2x12 cab in January cos i will certanly be cranking that with the valve junior to break it in. will also run my vox through it after modding the internals so i can have a cab output.

All praise the power of the Valve Junior! Never had a complaint with the Vox on almost max!

I think the loudest I ever heard was in the 11th row dead center of a Ted Nugent concert... now that's playing loud.

StarG.. I'll trade you my wife/kids for your house in the woods. (I live in a townhouse but I have a band that lives next door :-s so its just to get my wife over the volume =P~ )

Think i might get a attenuator now.

Like novacaine injected into your tongue right before a fine French meal/wine.

Used them' date=' gave up on them, and sold them out of tonal frustration. Now, if I can't tame VJr. rehearsals with guitar/pedal volume, then the neighbors will just be treated to a nice fat slab of raw rock/blues goodliness -- no charge.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play VJr. loudly & proudly on:-"

ET, just get her some nice noise canceling headphones for Christmas... problem solved....and you don't have to move to the woods... hahahaha

PS. MY studio is made of Concrete blocks and is sturdily built,and heavily insulated... just for band practice/jamming /hurricane protection...even outside , you hear very little to begin with ....I waited 50 years for this place... :-k

PS. MY studio is made of Concrete blocks and is sturdily built' date='and heavily insulated... just for band practice/jamming /hurricane protection...even outside , you hear very little to begin with ....I waited 50 years for this place... [-o< [/quote']

Interesting. Did you build with one row of blocks or is it a cavity construction? What did you use for the roof? You don't have any pictures anywhere do you? I've been toying with the idea of building something to replace my crumbling garage but don't want to go to a lot of trouble until I know it will be reasonably soundproof. We had a loft conversion done a few years ago but the sound travels down the cavity between us and next door and the whole house seems to act like a boom box. I think the steel girders pick up the noise through the floor and send it into the cavity, a bit like a tea chest bass in a way, it's been a nightmare.

Cheers,

Ian.

Archived