Gibson Brands Forums

Pickguard Screwholes

LesBonfire

joeys got it.. put the screws in.

otherwise you have to fill those holes.

or cover them.

to fill them you'd have to put a dowel and then match the finish color.. and get a clearcoat over that.

hard job for something so small.

and a cover is just going to be something that goes over the hole.. why not the screw?

don't be so picky!

*s*

TWANG

thanks for your help guys...i wonder if Epiphone sells any of these Plus top and Plain tops without the pickguard. Gibson does it with a few of their finishes to show off the top (ie Gibson Les Paul Studio - Fireburst)...i think Epiphone should do the same or at least offer it.

I don't see why not.

I don't think many would complain if they just put the guard and bracket with it... and let you drill yourself.

But, I suppose some would wiggle the bit and chip the finish.. so I doubt they'd do that.

I take mine off now and then.. just to break the monotony. And the sheri seems none the worse for wear from using it without.

TWANG

thanks for your help guys...i wonder if Epiphone sells any of these Plus top and Plain tops without the pickguard. Gibson does it with a few of their finishes to show off the top (ie Gibson Les Paul Studio - Fireburst)...i think Epiphone should do the same or at least offer it.

My Epi LP Classic Quilted Cherry came with the pickguard unattached. Haven't put it on yet and probably won't' date=' but I have it. I thought Epi LP's came with unattached P-G's. Guess not. [/color']

The pick guard came off my gold top classic MONTHS ago, I prefer the look of it that way. The cream coloured plastic pick guard just looks cheap to me, it just looks like a crappy piece of plastic. The sight of the two little holes doesn't bug me in the least, but staring at them right now reminds me I should be playing my LP not looking at it :0)

Archived