Gibson Brands Forums

New Epiphone owner

wegrojiveturkey

Hi everybody,

I'm recently joined the ranks of all you proud Epiphone owners. I just purchased a really nice 335 dot made in korea out of there samick plant when it was still around. My question is and I'm sure this has been asked many times before is what would be a proper replacement bridge and tail piece? I've read around and still pretty confused about what parts to order. I want the get the tone pro bridge with and aluminum tail piece. any suggestions will be most appreciated :-k

Wegro,

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new guitar.

I have played many Dots and reguard them as a fine guitar. Unfortunately, I have not done any work on them.

I hope one of the other semi-hollow owners can help you with hardware suggestions.

If not, find any post from TWANG, click on his name, and send him a PM with your inquirey. He is very knowledgeable and getting to be a parts connection around here.

I believe TonePros makes replacement bridges and tailpieces that will fit on import guitars.

For something more affordable check www.guitarfetish.com.

But I'll tell you......... I have several Epiphone DOTs and I haven't replaced a thing on 'em (except the knobs) and they seriously rock!!

Are the stock bridge and tailpiece giving you problems?

I believe TonePros makes replacement bridges and tailpieces that will fit on import guitars.

For something more affordable check www.guitarfetish.com.

But I'll tell you......... I have several Epiphone DOTs and I haven't replaced a thing on 'em (except the knobs) and they seriously rock!!

Are the stock bridge and tailpiece giving you problems?

I have a Dot from the Samick plant as well. I put new P90s on it and new tuners, but the rest is stock. Good guitar.

it buzzes everywhere. everything else is great' date=' but i need it for gigs and might as we upgrade everything i figured. [/quote']

Sounds more like a nut job to me. Assuming everything else is right on set-up, the cause would be strings riding to low in the nut (maybe from wear).

WELCOME to the forum wegrowjiveturkey!

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

it buzzes everywhere. everything else is great' date=' but i need it for gigs and might as we upgrade everything i figured. [/quote']

I don't think blindly throwing parts at it is a practical answer. Buzzing is probably a setup, fret and/or nut problem.

Archived