Gibson Brands Forums

korean sheri/recent issue bridge pic comparison

TWANG

you can see the difference.. bottom bridge is off the lp studio.. should be the same metric size as the new sheris

top is the repro for the korean sheris with the different spacing for the bushings.. you can see the bottom one is wider.

this is where folks hit a snag.... apparently not ALL korean sheris came with the same odd sized

bridge! so make sure you know before replacing.

AAAbridges3.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/TWANGthang/AAAbridges3.jpg

the hassle with the old bridges, korean, is the quality of the saddle metal. I've seen up to four broken on one bridge.

it's very porous and that will reduce your tone and sustain a lot.

I recommend saddle replacement if keeping the old bridge in.

the chinese models have the newer style bridge and judging by the chinese lp I've got, it's much better metal.

my original bridge was wrecked by me. I tightened the intonation screw too much and it broke. that porous metal again.

that led me to look further and discover it's other flaws.

so remember they only travel so far.. and don't count on 60 year old eyes without yer grandpa glasses on to start with!

but the saddles, they pretty much do have a negative effect being too cheap for a guitar this nice.

and.. it seems there are some korean models, again, which have the thinner bridge, or a bridge that's a different spacing at the bushings.

so measure before trying to replace.

TWANG

Looks cool to me too!

PICT1317.jpg?t=1228671771

Aaaaahhh Damn GAS again!! I do wish you guys would stop this, right before Xmas Too....

There's the best one so far, complete with Bigsby, fantasic I like it. I like all the others too but the Bigsby wins it..B) :-k

A V with that bridge too.. I'll note that.

and yeah. I gotta say the bigsby addition ups the cool factor for me..

Now I gotta start saving for a gold one for mine...

and it's all you guys fault.

have to add though that there's no real winner.. with the tort guard looks really neat..also without guard..

with the 335 style guard.. another look entirely!

It seems like you just can't mess one of these up.

TWANG

Archived