Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Korina Flying V ... feedback, comments???

midiman56

I asked Guitar Center to notify me when the Epi Korina Flying V was back in stock. Apparently its been out forever and a day. Well, I just got the email saying it was back.

I've never played one before, but I've always concidered it a classic. Would anyone here that owns one or has experience with it care to offer me some feedback on it? Thanks!

MIDI

I love my 58 V, great neck access, wide thin neck, light wieght and good lookin too. I highly recomend it. Ment to be played standing, but can be managed sitting. Here's a pic of mine, i Gibsonized it for my own tastes. Go for it you'll like it. Stan.MVC-014F-1.jpg

I don't have the Korina-V, but I do have a Korina Moderne which if you don't know is sort of like a V - see picture below.

It plays great! It sounds great! To me it is suited for a classic rock tone, but capable of blues too. I guess you could play anything with it with some amp tweaking.

It's light weight compared to a Les Paul. It is an excellent guitar and I would not sell it unless I had to, but part of the reason is because the Moderne is harder to find than a V.

It's a good guitar - I've used it to lay down some tracks of songs I've written.

Dadsguitars_0021.jpg

I asked Guitar Center to notify me when the Epi Korina Flying V was back in stock. Apparently its been out forever and a day. Well' date=' I just got the email saying it was back.

I've never played one before, but I've always concidered it a classic. Would anyone here that owns one or has experience with it care to offer me some feedback on it? Thanks!

MIDI[/quote']

I don't have experience with playing v's but I love the looks (see avatar and quote) and would buy one if I ever got the chance.

GC

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely GO FOR IT,,i have a 98 i bought in 2000 and its a screamer,,neck like you wouldnt believe and the strings through the body with that lovely wood make it sustain for days.I also have the 58 style Epi Explorer and a Korina SG that i didnt even know they made till i saw one last year(unfortunately they were discontinued in 05) But i got a 2003 on e-bay and it was drop dead mint.

Oh yeah,,,while i'm here,,is that Moderne an Epiphone????this could be trouble ,,,i thought i had all the Korinas they made,,i have a V an Explorer and an SG ,,i lovingly refer to them as the Unholy trinity.IF that moderne is an Epi,,,looks like another quest might have to start

My guitarsenal right now 1968 Les Paul Custom,,1976 Ibanez Strat,1981 BC Rich Mockingbird,,98 Epiphone Korina V,98 Epi korina explorer,)03 Epi Korina SG and my most recent aquisition an Epiphone Prophecy SG custom GX

Archived