Gibson Brands Forums

Footpedals and Amps?

28v6r

Okay we've done the Guitar piccies etc..

So.....

Can we have a piccie of your foot Gear & amps as well as an explanation of tech spec if the MODS allow us? :D

I'm just interested what everyone has/uses/ and for what effect?:-k

OK... Here's the line up...

HR Deluxe - Yellow jackets, Preamp attenuator, Eminence Red, White & Blues speaker

Gator small pedal board - Effects connected in order listed from input end:

Ross Grey Kompressor - Kit built - Modded to add attack and tone controls

Tube Screamer - Kit built - modded to add tone control

Big Muff Pi - Kit built - modded to add tone control

Danelectro Rocky Road

Analogue Delay - Kit built

Molto-Tremolo - Kit built

Ernie Ball Volume Peddle

Boss TU-2 - from the tuner out of the volume pedal

Nicely portable and compact with excellent results.

Note: I needed something to divert my attentions from a business venture. It's great therapy... And it provided some really cool boutique effects pedals...

PedalBoard.jpg

Kits are from -

BYOC: http://www.buildyourownclone.com/

General Guitar gadgets: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

...RT-20 Rotary speaker simulator' date=' ...[/quote']

I am thinking of picking up one of those the day after Christmas. Went to the store yesterday to see how many are in stock and told them to hold me one. Can you give me an honest opinion on that pedal, if you don't mind. Ease of use, sound, does it deliver what it says, any surprises......

For home and recording an old Park 10 watt amp, its a great sounding little thing, for gigs my mates Marshall MG50, he provides that and I provide the bass amp! I love effects units, especially using them 'wrong' and making horrific noises.

I have

Ernie Ball VP Jr

Boss TU 2 Tuner

Boss OD 3 Overdrive

EHX LPB1 Boost

EHX Holy Grail Reverb.....

These are my bread and butter pedals, sometimes swapped for/ augmented by....

Boss PH2 Phaser

Boss CH1 Chorus

EHX Big Muff

ZVex Fuzz Factory- IMHO the king of weird guitar nastiness

I've got my fingers crossed for an eBow and a Boss RE 20 Space Echo for Christmas..... sonic lunacy awaits!

I am thinking of picking up one of those the day after Christmas. Went to the store yesterday to see how many are in stock and told them to hold me one. Can you give me an honest opinion on that pedal' date=' if you don't mind. Ease of use, sound, does it deliver what it says, any surprises......[/quote']

Sure, be glad to. First, it's NO "Leslie!" But, does a decent enough job, at simulating one. Much less expensive,

easier to carry, and fit on small stages, too. ;>)

I've found (for my purposes) that the "effects" is really touchy..and that particular dial doesn't require

much movement, to drastically alter the intensity. That may be a bit different, with a keyboard? Not being a

keyboard player, I'm only guessing, here. It will take some dialing in, But, once you find the sound you prefer, it's quite easy to use. I (generally) use mode II out of (I, II, III, IV) Rise time, at about 10AM. Distortion setting will

depend on which guitar I'm using (Fender Single Coil pickups, or Gibson or Epiphone Humbuckers)...but, you'll

see all this, when you get to mess around with it. Speed, again for my purposes, is set at full on "slow," and full off

on the "fast." Direct is full on, usually. Balance is straight up or "noon" position. You, however, may like something else entirely. Like the manuals always state: "Any suggestions, are only starting points."

Cheers,

CB

Sure' date=' be glad to. First, it's NO "Leslie!"... [/quote']

Thanks, man. I am not expecting a Leslie, but I am expecting something better than my Dunlop Univibe pedal. That's the closest I ever got to a Leslie and it isn't really that good (although I must say I run my Yamaha keyboard through that Univibe and with a keyboard it really is a fantastic Leslie simulator).

I appreciate the settings you offered. Always a good starting point. You come up with any other settings you like, please pass them along.

Thanks.

Thanks' date=' man. I am not expecting a Leslie, but I am expecting something better than my Dunlop Univibe pedal. That's the closest I ever got to a Leslie and it isn't really that good (although I must say I run my Yamaha keyboard through that Univibe and with a keyboard it really is a fantastic Leslie simulator).

I appreciate the settings you offered. Always a good starting point. You come up with any other settings you like, please pass them along.

Thanks.[/quote']

Sure...will do. Have fun, when/IF you get yours...that's half the fun, anyway...tinkering.

Edit: Thought I might add, that those sample settings are pretty conservative, sound wise. More like

Cream's "Badge" or less, even...than any real "organ" like tones. Maybe, kind of "Beatles" like...?? Hard

to explain, until you hear it. lol! But, going further is Really easy!

CB

Archived