Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Elitist Broadway...Coming Home Again

L1Picker

A couple of years ago I parted with an Epi Elitist Broadway in Vintage Sunburst. It was a move I regretted ever since. I had changed out the neck pup for a Benedetto A6 and the bridge for a Gibson '57 Classic. I rewired with all new electronics from RS GuitarWorks, had a truss rod cover made for it with the Epsilon logo, changed the knobs, and did a few other minor things. What a great guitar...I was lured away by the grass on the other side of the fence though.

Today, I stopped by the GC where I had traded it in. I was looking around and saw my guitar hanging on the wall...the guy that bought it had brought it back and traded it in on a PRS this week. It's in the same condition aside from a little more age and wear showing. I talked with the sales guy I had traded it in with initially and ended up getting it back for what they gave me for it 2 years ago. It's on layaway, but will be home as soon as I can get it.

Here's a shot of her...

Broadway600x400.jpg

Looks like 2009 will be kind to you 6string!

One question, the 4 string dampers behind the trapeze -- where did you get them? I cannot find anything like it, no matter what search string I run! And I'm really tired of the sympathetic vibrations behind my Riviera's tailpiece! And maybe 3 or 4 more, just because.

Looks like 2009 will be kind to you 6string!

One question' date=' the 4 string dampers behind the trapeze -- where did you get them? I cannot find anything like it, no matter what search string I run! And I'm really tired of the sympathetic vibrations behind my Riviera's tailpiece! And maybe 3 or 4 more, just because.[/quote']

I got those at the local guitar store from their luthier. He said he used them on mandolins and gave me some to try, but couldn't remember where he ordered them from. If I find a source, I'll let you know.

Here are a few more pics of her...

100_0626.jpg100_0627.jpg

100_0625.jpg

100_0628.jpg

I wish i get my Girl Friend back too, I traded her for a pair of Seymour Duncans, I just hope I don't find her in the bridge position... lol...joking !!! by the way a very lovely guitar. and congrats for getting her back, like layboomo said that's Fate, may be she isn't made to part from you..hehe..anyway congrats..

Guest alanhindle

I like this little tale.

I saw a film once that followed the story of a handgun from the eyes of its various owners, some unlawful.

Maybe they should make a similar one about an electric guitar.

Alan

I like this little tale.

I saw a film once that followed the story of a handgun from the eyes of its various owners' date=' some unlawful.

Maybe they should make a similar one about an electric guitar.

Alan[/quote']

Yeah, and there was another film, called the "The Red Violin," that did a similar

thing, down through the ages.

CB

Sweet! Just out of curiosity' date=' what was the grass on the other side of the fence that lured you away?[/quote']

I traded it straight up for a new Gibson ES-335. They lowered the price on the Gibson to make it come out as a sale for $1400 with the value of the Broadway at a $1400 trade in. I didn't even have to pay tax that way. The Gibby was nice for sure, but I missed the Epi.

Gibbys013333x500.jpg

I remember your broadway...what did you do with the original knobs?

I put all the original parts in a bag in the case when I traded it in. I thought it would be good to keep all the stuff together for a future owner. The guy that bought it and traded it back in kept the original pickups though. I wouldn't be putting them back in, but it would have been nice to keep them with the guitar. I didn't see the case, so I don't know what else he decided to keep...hopefully he left the rest in there.

Archived