Gibson Brands Forums

Difference in MIK Sheraton II Bridge Posts??????

EpiSheriMan

I have a '97 MIK Sheraton which I have had nightmares trying to upgrade.

I've noticed from a few other members photos that the newer Sheraton II's seem to have a very similira bridge to a Gibson ABR-1. My question: Is the post spacing on these later models the same as a standard ABR-1? And, if so, has anyone tried a strait swape for a better quality Tonepros ABR-!?

I'm assuming that the posts are the same on all Sheraton's and that only the bridge on the later models is different.

Can anyone kindly shed some light?

#-o

BSAKing,..I hope you don't mind me using your picture below of your two MIK Sheris to better illlustrate my question...

thnx

#-o

...........................2007 model...............................................................1994 Model................................

compare.png

Mr. Twang might have some Info for you' date=' on your problem. Stan.[/quote']

Yeah, I was hoping the honorable Mr. Twang could comment. Saying that,..BSAKing has both so I was hoping he would have tried to change bridges and possible try an ABR-1 on the later model.

FYI,...hear is a close up of the stock older bridge..

IMG_0311.jpg

I know the posts on 1 bridge are spaced farther apart' date=' and I believe 1 is also a larger diameter post/shaft.

a couple of weeks back, Twang posted pics, specs, etc. on both bridges.....i'll try the search engine for you.[/quote']

Thanks Bender, would appreciate that...

the repro bridge is still available through WDmusic.com

I don't do do business there anymore, due to too many hassles.

I haven't done any of the new sheris.

But the old ones all have the different spacing for the bushings for sure.

(korean samick)

Epi Mods asked me not to sell anything in here anymore, so you'll have to go email for that.

the newer models still have metric spacing.. so tone pros metric ought to fit in them.

Just don't get usa spacing.

I've replaced a couple of epi bridges with metric measured replacement parts and so far only the korean

sheri has been a problem.

TWANG

I have a 2007 just like the one pictured (or at least it started out that way). It seems to accept 3rd party bridges just fine. TWANG is getting me a Schaller Bridge so we will see if it fits. My guess is that it will fit just fine. If your guitar's serial number starts with an S (Samsung) you are likely to have problems. If not, you MAY be able to change it.

Archived