Gibson Brands Forums

Dot Studio Now

Fadedepi

Guys,

Here's the parts rundown:

The pick-ups are GFS Mean 90 - Bridge

GFS Dream 180 - Neck (wired as a single coil only, not coil tapped)

Pickguard B/W/B - ala TWANG

Truss Rod Cover B/W/B - Terrapin Guitars #TRC-3 (photo)

Tuners - Grover Rotomatics 14:1 - Stew Mac #901 (photo)

Knobs V,T - Bell Knob - Stew Mac #1195V, 1197T

Switch Plate - B/W letters - All Parts

Strap Buttons Chrome - Fender - Sam Ash

Yes, That is Original Faded Cherry Finish

Faded....

_IGP2082.jpg_IGP2090.jpg

Memphs 1978,

Here's info on Dream 180: From GFS Website.

GFS Dream 180 Dream180.gif

These are clasically gorgeous humbucking pickups made to combine the chime and jangle of vintage Filtertrons with the warmth and body of a great pair of vintage PAF's- To accomodate modern playing styles we wound 'em HOT- and vacuum impregnated them with enough wax to make a candle. The result? Dead quiet, yet loud and toneful! Polepieces are matched to the string spread- 2 1/8" at the bridge, 2" at the neck.

They're fabulous sounding- Big and full with LOTS of Filtertron tone, but with a fatter, warmer and yet crunchier body. Thanks to the metal shell they are dead quiet , and the sense of string attack and dynamics is flat-out fabulous.

Faded....

Thom, your DS looks great! It's cool how we can unique-ify our guitars. I stayed with the all-black theme with mine - black Mean 90s, solid black pickguard and TRC (TWANG, too). Now I'm looking for solid black speed knobs. I'll post photos when I can borrow a digital camera (or take pics with my quaint 35mm film camera and scan them).

dcooper830' date='

WOW!! A white studio, got my mind goin' now.... What could I do with a white Studio? :-k :-k :-k

Thanks, I feel G.A.S comin' on =P~:-k

Faded.... [/quote']

Coop is the man, a great guitar player/singer/songwriter as well and a major GAS enabler around these parts! Watch his videos people... This man is the real deal. =D>

Archived