Gibson Brands Forums

(KOR) EPIPHONE Jorma Kaukonen Riveria Deluxe

DEZZY

My sister just recently a got a new Korean Epiphone Jorma Kaukonen Riveria Deluxe for herself. And she plays it through an amp she borrowed of her friend.

Can anyone give me and idea of what amp l should buy as we do not own the current amp. If it helps she plays Jazz/Blues music and the guitar has P-90 Pickups.

Henriksen Jazz Amp would be a better choice I guess if you've got the $$ for it..it's about 650+ USD, beautiful clean, warm sound and very good build quality..some other amps that I would suggest would be fender tubes or Roland Chorus amps..I think they are really good amps..if it's just for home practice and stuff I'd say go for Orange amps..they are really good as well and cheap..not the big ones though, the 10watt - 30 watt ones are fairly inexpensive and really good..I am getting an Orange soon..!!

and btw it's rude not to post pics of your guitar..hehe...so next time I hope to see some pics of the Riveria...hehe..

Henriksen Jazz Amp would be a better choice I guess if you've got the $$ for it..it's about 650+ USD' date=' beautiful clean, warm sound and very good build quality..some other amps that I would suggest would be fender tubes or Roland Chorus amps..I think they are really good amps..if it's just for home practice and stuff I'd say go for Orange amps..they are really good as well and cheap..not the big ones though, the 10watt - 30 watt ones are fairly inexpensive and really good..I am getting an Orange soon..!!

and btw it's rude not to post pics of your guitar..hehe...so next time I hope to see some pics of the Riveria...hehe..[/quote']

Hahaha l'll post photos when l can find my camera, the orange amps seem like a good choice as there quite inexpensive compared to the other amps they also have a funky colour. Considering a 30W one.

Also, the Roland "Cube" amp 30 watt and 60 watt are great little amps. CLean or "driven." Either can do a small (bar) gig,

and the 60 watt one could do a fair sized gig...especially mic'd.

Fender tube amps (Blues Junior, Hot Rod Deluxe) are decent priced, and great amps! The HR Deluxe (40 watts)

is WAY loud, for it's size. I play small clubs and bars, with the Blues Junior, and it's Plenty loud, truly! There is

another recent Fender tube amp "Super Champ XD" (15 watts, 10" speaker) that's getting rave reviews.

I don't have any personal experience with it, yet...so, I can't really tell you anything about it, beyond the

reviews and specs that you can find "on line."

CB

Also' date=' the Roland "Cube" amp 30 watt and 60 watt are great little amps. CLean or "driven." Either can do a small (bar) gig, and the 60 watt one could do a fair sized gig...especially mic'd.

CB[/quote']

I'll second the Roland. I've got a Cube 60 and just love it. It's a great jazz amp and is very versatile for other styles as well. My only gripe with the 60 is that they left off the input to use a CD or MP3 player which is great if you want to throw in a Jamey Aebersold or something similar to jam along with. The Cube 30 has that option.

Peavey's Classic 30 is another one worth considering --- small size with plenty of power, all-tube construction and very versatile, usable tones. I've owned lots of Peavey gear over the years and found it to be durable, reliable, and very reasonably priced.

Peavey's Classic 30 is another one worth considering --- small size with plenty of power' date=' all-tube construction and very versatile, usable tones. I've owned lots of Peavey gear over the years and found it to be durable, reliable, and very reasonably priced.[/quote']

I'm with ya on the Peavey gear. I own a fair pile of their stuff myself, and it's never let me down.

On the flipside: ZERO snob appeal and lousy resale value.

Amp wise depends on what you want and will you be playing out with it = do you need the watts and the volume?

If you just want a small tube pratice amp look into the Fender SuperChamp or for solid state a Peavey Envoy 110.

If you want to play out the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is a good amp but so is the Peavey Bandit. I have owned a lot of gear, tube and solid state and I really like the Peavey solid state gear for price and tone.

Have owned real Vox tube stuff through the years from an AC50 to an AC15. I know some of the guys here love the Vox modeling stuff but to me it just sounded too digital or sterile. I tend to stay away from the modeling stuff I can just tell it is fake.

Go to a good store take the Jorma and plug into a bunch of different amps and play. Try to find a good store without some salesman trying to sell a piece of gear. I own both solid state and tube gear and now days solid state no longer means junk.

Go play and buy what you like or find the amp that matches your intended use.

Archived