Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar on the Way

judybat

Well' date=' since I can't seem to find any Elitists anymore I have ordered a new guitar - F3nder Am3rican Stra+ in a finish they call "candy cola". Can't wait ti get it, figure I'll have it this time next week....[/quote']

Nice guitar. I have a 2008 with a rosewood 'board (see inept photo below.)

The candy-cola color has a more brownish hue than Candy Apple Red, but I like it a lot.

One thing to be aware of with the new American Standard Strats - the 2 point floating bridge takes a while to get used to. This may be especially true if you are a Strat fan and used to the vintage types. For the first couple of weeks I found myself wishing that I'd bought a candy-cola American Standard Telecaster instead. Still, I like the guitar a lot now - although I don't use it as much as I should. It was a gift from a family member whom I was very close to, and who wanted to buy me something before she passed on. I'd always wanted a Strat and figured this would be a keeper. It is definitely a keeper, but maybe more for sentimental reasons. As a 'player,' I'm in love with my new Hagstrom Viking - and that is the guitar I reach for mostly at the moment.

But these new Strats are great guitars. I hope you enjoy yours.

fender_strat.jpg

Well' date=' since I can't seem to find any Elitists anymore I have ordered a new guitar - F3nder Am3rican Stra+ in a finish they call "candy cola". Can't wait ti get it, figure I'll have it this time next week....[/quote']

I have a 2004 American you-know-what, and it's a wonderful guitar. Got it from Musician's Friend, and it arrived perfectly set up and in tune in the factory-sealed box.

You'll really like it.

Archived