Gibson Brands Forums

New 2009 Acoustics?

theDeuce

Elitist L-00????? wasn't aware of that one' date=' myself. Wouldn't be too fond of the stock L-00 except for a bang-around practice/recreational box. Anything more to the El. model, anyone?[/quote']

Of course they stopped making them several years ago but here's a link to the specs:

http://www.instrumentguide.com/acoustic%20guitars/epiphone/elitist%20l%2000/

Blooze! I would love to see a re-issue of the Blues Master. I think it is the best small guitar I have ever owned or played. Others will disagree, of course, and that is their right. I have no idea if Epiphone will listen to our pleading, but we can hope! Perhaps a Masterbilt all solid Blues Master! There, that's the ticket!

Hey guys!

Please don't think I was complaining about the Bluesmaster comments. From the sound of it, Epiphone must have made one heck of a blues machine in that little guitar. I'd love to try one out...

As for the Elitist L-00, I only know that there was one, because someone here posted a link to an Elitist catalog, and it's mentioned there. I was really surprised to learn of its existence, since I've not heard anyone talk about it. Most seem to play an EL-00 and dream of finding a Bluesmaster from the look of it, so it would seem that the Elitist didn't establish itself very well. I checked on Harmony Central and couldn't find a single review, although the Bluesmaster isn't listed there either.

I think the only problem is that if Epiphone ever starts making the Bluesmaster again, they'll charge an arm and a leg for it. They must know how popular it is.

Isn't it probable that Gibson wont put out any Epiphones that might rival actual Gibsons. Probably why the Masterbilts aren't pushed as much as they could be. Just a thought....

Matt, I think you are probably correct. It is not a good business model to be in competition with yourself. Hardly ever works.

Pete

Hey guys!

As for the Elitist L-00, I only know that there was one, because someone here posted a link to an Elitist catalog, and it's mentioned there. I was really surprised to learn of its existence, since I've not heard anyone talk about it.

There was also a short-lived Jim Croce signature edition of the Elitist L00, too.

I belive the Elitist acoustics were limited to:

J45

J200

L00

Jim Croce L00

Texan

McCartney Texan

Red 333

Isn't it probable that Gibson wont put out any Epiphones that might rival actual Gibsons. Probably why the Masterbilts aren't pushed as much as they could be. Just a thought....

That may be why the Elitist line is gone.

As for the MBs not being pushed, classic marketing strategy will adv. and promote what sells well. In other words, no sense beating a dead horse.

What stupidity... we have to suffer from lack of quality and worksmanship and cool re-issue models, because Gibson thinks epiphone should be and stay a low-end chinese crap brand??? I don't understand!!!

Epi Strathopuolo would turn in his grave if he knew what these bastards from Gibson were doing to his company!!! Just because not every foocking one (and that's about 75% of all guitar players) can afford a 5000$ Gibson this does not mean that Epiphone can't be making superior guitars too!!

I mean foocking hell, sales for Epiphone guitars are pretty much similar to the Gibson ones! They can't afford to lose their reputation!

Gibson just harms its reputation with Epi players... I wonder how long they can produce crap and get away with it! We the customers have the power! Don't buy the crappily made ones anymore!!

Epi-Players of this world! UNITE and take over!!!

"EPIPHONE THE NAME THAT IS A GUARANTEE OF QUALITY" ---> Not anymore!!!!

Nick

John is correct. If no one buys the Epi models which are substandard, then they will stop making those substandard models, or will improve the quality in order to sell guitars. I own several Epiphone guitars, from the lowly G310, which I love to a Masterbilt EF500RVB. They are all guitars which I enjoy playing and do not regret buying. However, I would not buy a guitar model with a history of the bridge lifting, for example. If Epiphone replaces their lesser quality models with well made guitars with good QC and customer service, they will sell many more guitars and their reputation will rebound. That would make Epi Strathopuolo very happy.

Reply to Pete, Tommy and Blooze,

I too visit other guitar sites and see a staggering number of posts in some places and then there are those that are very slow. It's difficult to explain why a site isn't popular. Either way you look at it, without industry insiders to speak up, we don't really know how well Epi acoustics sell and I hope you don't mind if I play devil's advocate occasionally. As I mentioned previously, classic marketing strategy is to push and promote what's hot. The more sales you have the more goes back into advertising. If you've ever read or listened to Zig Ziglar, think of his well water pump. Once you get it primed, it's a lot easier to keep in going than to lose that flow and have to stop and prime it again. Anyway, my point being, I think Epi acoustic sales are down and hence not getting much attention from marketing and product development. If a product is selling well it doesn't make sense to discontinue it (barring factory/production impossibilities). Conversely, if a product doesn't sell well, you can't keep producing them. It's only my opinion and guess of the situation and I reserve the right to be wrong. :-

I own several Epi's and only want to see them do well. Heck, I'll want another some day, I'm sure!

BTW, didn't I see somewhere recently Gibby announced huge 4th quarter sales? They're selling something! and I assume that is Epi and Gibby and other divisions included.

I sincerely hope that Gibson, and Epiphone are selling well. However, like most of you, I visit other guitar related sites. I see many posts regarding QC problems and inconsistent builds with regard to both companies. It seems to me that QC and customer relations would go a long way in repairing the reputations of both companies. As I have stated before, I own several Epiphones and do not regret buying any of them, and would buy another instrument from either company. I personally think that Gibson guitars are overpriced but that the Masterbilt line is one of the best values in the guitar market. I read many posts that the customer service department of Gibson, in particular leaves a bit to be desired. Warranty issues and requests for information are just as important as selling the instruments themselves, in my humble opinion. I know this post seems awfully negative, and I do not intend for it to be that way. I am simply attempting to offer constructive criticism to two guitar companies I wish to see survive and prosper. It is my hope that representatives of either or both companies read at least some of the posts made here on their site.

Pete

I just found a similar thread in the FEEDBACK forum. At risk of a double post' date=' here is my wish list guitar,

I'd like a folk-style acoustic guitar, say a Masterbilt EF body style with a Masterbilt 12-fretter slotted neck. I know they made the AJ model, but I want the EF body style with a short scale. This does not have to be a Masterbilt, but then again maybe it does to attract the mid-level buyer and give it some distance from the EL-00. I do not want an entry level guitar, nor do I want it called "parlor" guitar.

Solid Sitka Spruce top

Mahogany body

Scale 24.75"

FB-Inlay Rosewood-Dot

Headstock cream binding (a touch of bling!)

1.68" nut

No pickguard, but willing to discuss.

Natural finish gloss, but willing to discuss.

Neck-profile Set Mahogany- V, but willing to discuss.

Hey, it's [i']my[/i] wish list, what do you think? :-$

+1! O:)

+1 also' date=' but with the replacement of the 1.68" nut with 1.75".[/quote']

There is obviously a lot of interest in new Epi acoustics, per the hits on this thread, contrary to my previous assumption.

I'm not keeping strict score, but that may be 2-2 on the nut size. There is a good bit of interest in this thread, I'd like to see more opinions from the lurkers, so here is your invitation. :)

What do you want in an acoustic? C'mon, I put my wishlish out there for all to see and critique. Let's see yours before the next "Which Strings should I use" thread starts. (and you know we're due!)

I think it's about time they put a solid top on the EJ-200 in line with the Hummingbird and Dove. I know they did the EJ-300, but it didn't last long. They should have kept that and binned the 200. Let's get rid of 'select spruce'. It's the 'king of the flat tops', give it the top it deserves!!!!! I'd get one in each colour if it had a solid top. I love the look of that guitar but there are so many other guitars out there in the same price range with better spec.

Archived