Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone take a look at this diagam?

kskennedy

Thanks GZ. I am trying to put that switch in as soon as I can so that I can put in a 18v switch and a PA-2.

Hey 4mm and 6mm thing? I am talking about the bridge post. I am trying to throw a Graph-Tech Resomax in there as well and the ordering options are 4mm or 6mm and I just don't know which one I have.

I can't find anywhere if my 3+ has 4mm or 6mm post. Can somebody help me?

I also want to change the pup sel switch so that each position is a pickup and none of them are on togeather or at the same time.

According to a Tone Pro's dealer's site, it's 6mm, for Epiphone LP's. So, if they're specifically referencing

them, it's (more than likely) correct. You could e-mail or phone "Stewart McDonald" for specs, as well.

Hope that will help, or get you going in the right direction, anyway.

www.stewmac.com 1-800-848-2273

Cheers, and Go Navy!

CB

I also want to change the pup sel switch so that each position is a pickup and none of them are on togeather or at the same time.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Does your guitar have 3 pickups ("black beauty") and you want to isolate them? Or are you wanting to eliminate "Gibson disease" (where either volume pot on "0" shuts off the signal from both pups) by de-coupling the volume pots. If your question concerns the former' date=' someone else will have to assist.

To eliminate Gibson disease, click this link for your answer: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/stockgibson.php

Welcome to the forum kskennedy! There are a lot of helpful members here.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Oh and thanks Charlie Brown for helping me out with the bridge thing. I just love the way this guitar plays and I want to hot rod it for my style. I think I am going to get a Graph- Tech bridge and nut and maybe the new Planet Waves tuners. What do you think?

Oh and thanks Charlie Brown for helping me out with the bridge thing. I just love the way this guitar plays and I want to hot rod it for my style. I think I am going to get a Graph- Tech bridge and nut and maybe the new Planet Waves tuners. What do you think?

You're welcome...hope it all works out. That's a favorite thing, "modding," for Epi owner's to do.

I, personally, have never really done much "modding," but then my Epiphones are all "semi-hollow"

bodies, except my MIJ '61 SG...and, it's so nice, I don't need to "mod" it, for what I do. And the

Semi's are nicely appointed, as is...So???

But, you should, definitely, do what mods you want, to make it "yours!" As to the Graph-Tech bridge and nut,

Some like 'em, other's not so much. But again, that's personal prefernce, more than anything, I think?

Sounds like a "project!" Enjoy!

CB

www.mylespaul.com There is a bunch of discussion, about 2 and 3 pickup wiring combinations...so, you

might use the search feature, to find the exact thread(s). Even how to do it, like a "Strat!" So...???

Gibson and Seymour Duncan have wiring diagrams, too. OR, just type in your querry on Google,

and you'll probably get a lot of other sites/information. Good luck!

CB

I couldn't find anything on mylespaul.com so I asked Emmet at Deaf Eddie and he emailed me a wiring diagram for a rotary switch that will give me more tonal options. That guy is a geinus when it comes to guitars. Thanks everyone, I got some soildering to do.

Come on there's got to be a tech out there that can tell me if this is going to work.

I'm a retired tech and familiar with guitar wiring as well as wiring up my own.

Your pictorial schematic seems ok for the 18V battery switching but the jumpering

around a two pole wafer switch is confusing to give you a definitive answer

right now.

Is this a 6 position 2 pole (ie: 2 wafers with 6 contacts and a common contact on

each wafer?)..if so, why not use the common contacts to go to the volume control

outer tap and set your 3 pickups to be selected by positions on the switch.

A simple switch "truth table" of what you want would help a lot.

ie:

SWitch position Pickup selected

1 Neck

2 Mid

3 Neck

4 ?

5 ?

6 ?

basically you only need 3 positions, but it's going to be hard to get that from

a switchcraft 3 -way because the regular 3 way selects only 2 p_ups. There

is a switchcraft with an extra leaf to select the middle..but it doesn't completely

separate the middle either.

There are rotary wafer switches that you can preset a " stop" to prevent the

switch position from moving past position 3.

Archived