Gibson Brands Forums

my experience at GC

Mash94

Sorry guys I had to make another thread for this one.

I went to the same GC again today. i played the Traditional which I was once again impressed with. I didn't bother playing and reissues because I don't want to have to spend another $1,000 more than the Traditional. I'm working on pics but my camera is being moody.

But that was not why I posted this thread. I'm sure you all remember my friend The Jolly Green Giant from my last thread "just got back from GC". Well I found out his shift and arrived there right when it ended. When I walked in he walked out. When he saw me he stopped and said "Hold on for a second" I said alright. He said "I just wanted to apologize for my attitude yesterday, it was completely unnecessary" I said "Thank you and don't worry about it" then he walked off.

I just thought that was a pretty cool experience that you guys might want to hear.

OK... I got one too. I go into GC Boston because I want to get a little practice amp I can take any where. I see this really cool little mini Fender Twin Amp, looks just like a real Fender Twin covered in traditional tweed and everything. I try it out, really cool, just what I want... even has a built in overdrive that sounds great!! This thing runs on batteries so I figure it's going to eat batteries like anything. I notice, right where the battery goes, there is also a place to plug in a 120 to 9v transformer so I tell the sales man I want a 9volt transformer too. The young man behind the counter gets a converter and I ask to test it out... Nothing, zippo, no power... He gets another one, same thing, dead as a door nail... So the guy says to me, they just put the 9volt input jack there but it doesn't really do any thing. eusa_wall.gif Then I said why don't you look for a 9v conterter that has the polarity reversed. He couldn't find one but he was sure that the transformer jack on the little amp was just there for looks. I bought the Mini Fender Twin anyway, went to Radio Shack and bought a transformer with switchable polarity... That little amp rocks!!! WITHOUT BATTERIES!!!

Archived