Gibson Brands Forums

TELE in tortoise

TWANG

I'm quite a fan of tortoise on sunburst - my Strat has it.

I think gold hardware would be a great addition' date=' also... which my Strat also has.

Great, now I want a Tele to match my Strat.[/quote']

Sounds like we might have the same Strat, pohatu77. Mine is the Deluxe Players. I went with the maple neck. Great guitar ... but I want to do something to tighten up that trem. It way to "floaty" for me.

MIDI

Sounds like we might have the same Strat' date=' pohatu77. Mine is the Deluxe Players. I went with the maple neck. Great guitar ... but I want to do something to tighten up that trem. It way to "floaty" for me.

MIDI[/quote']Deluxe Players it is... I chose it over the Highway One. I'm going to block my trem, since I don't use it at all, and do a few other mods if I can ever find the parts. Even TWANG couldn't find them for me...

I want to put gold covers on, similar in style to the Telecaster's neck pickup, but I can't find them anywhere other than attached to a set of $200 pickups I don't need. I want to add a bridge cover, and put gold dome knobs on.

I got the rosewood fretboard... didn't even think about it when I bought the guitar. I don't feel any difference between the rosewood and maple, though, so it's all cosmetic for me.

Archived