Gibson Brands Forums

Valve JR. REVERB PEDAL

Hey Max, congrats on your EVJ...I just got one to...when I do wanna hear some reverb I have the holy grail one from Electro-Harmonix....or I use just the stomps and fx and reverbs from my podxt live....but for the most part, I just plug-in just geetar and enjoy the amp....what a great amp...

I keep thinking I want one. then I think. why more noise? mud? lack of clarity?

then, I don't buy one.

then. I think I want one.

now, I realized what I really might want is something to run two amps at the same time.

So I bought a used pod.

that seems to me to be the thing that will fix all my

what can I do to stop playing so crappy

and at the same time

what can I do that will actually do something I want besides hide my fumble fingers.

*G*

TWANG

I use my Korg Multi-Effects Toneworks pedal for Reverb (chorus' date=' delay, etc) and I LOVE my Russian BIG MUFF PI for a boost![/quote']

Boost is adding more volume to your clean or overdriven sounds.

A big Muff is a distortion pedal, it doesn't give you a clean boost.

Peter

Plug both amps into the same power strip if you can. That'll help reduce problems. I use an analog MXR stereo chorus pedal to split the signal and an analog delay on one of the outputs. Very nice whether straight in, or loop'd. And nary a hint of digital artifacts. :-k

Gil...

"I keep thinking I want one. then I think. why more noise? mud? lack of clarity?"

I've never gotten mud or lack of clarity from a boost pedal. Noise, yes, but that's a given, and the way to deal with it is to only use the boost for solos, not when you're standing idle, with guitar in hand.

There are two safe and surefire ways to eliminate ground loops when running multiple amps:

1) an A/B/Y pedal that has isolated outputs. (You won't find a $100 A/B/Y box with this feature.

2) A power supply that has isolated AC outlets, such as a true line conditioner (outlet strips and even rackmount "line conditioners" that cost anything below a couple hundred bucks, don't do this).

I was just going to try the same power strip thing.. and hope it worked ok.

I wont be doing that often so if it's a bit noisy I'll get over it.

I looked all over for something.. hum eliminator thingy.. aby box.. it seems such a simple thing but it's all expensive!

I'll find out I guess.

TWANG

Quality, isolated A/B/Y pedals ARE costly, as are isolated power supplies.

and I was thinking mud with reverb.. and noise.

sometimes I think I like delays much better.. tighter, cleaner, less obtrusive.

This is why I don't like reverb on guitar in a live setting. You have to be playing REALLY clean in order for it to not muddy things up, and many rooms have plenty of natural reverb anyway. Delay is a much better choice in a live setting, imo.

Boosts are another story. I love smacking the crap out of my amps with boosts and overdrives with lots of output, when I play a solo. They can really make an amp that's already pushed hard turn into something astonishing.

Hey guys' date=' just got a VJr. mini stack and theres no fx loop so what resonably priced reverb, and maybe a boost pedal can yall recomend[/quote'] Just ordered Marshall rf 1 from Musician's Friend. Never tried one but I've read that it sounds good. They have it on sale for 39.99. Wanted a Holy Grail or Rv7 but can't afford it right now. Anyone own a rf 1?

Archived