Gibson Brands Forums

Very Short-lived HNGD... Bummer... (Now with Update...)

KYSohn

I think that hole has been cut out to smuggle narcotics - as a previous poster said' date=' the dimensions of the hole seem to agree with the 'brick' dimensions that producers of the popular narcotics seem to favour.

Please can you take it to your local police department and get it swabbed? I'd love to know what's been in that cavity..........!

If it was used for this purpose, then you've got yourself a very interesting item to research - imagine if you could trace it back to Kurt Kobain or someone like that - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Too bad, there's 0% possibility of this guitar being traced back to Kurt Cobain, for this is "Q" serial CIJ Fender that was made in between 2002 and 2004. Much later than his death...

So no $$$$ for putting this on Ebay... ](*,)

Anyway, STOP IT, guys!!! Leave this poor guy alone, for he has suffered enough from this turd!!! [-X

I'm gonna march back to that shop and demand satisfacti---um---, my money back!!!

For as far as it goes, there might actually be a money making Ebay angle on this. Not from a

famous once owned perspective; but maybe if one hinted at the potential utility this compart-

mentalized Tele could yield...and let the buyers fill in the blanks, hmmm who knows. I've

always said there is no such thing as an unsellable guitar. Got some dog that simply will not

find a new home? Break the headstock off and list it as a "luthier project", and watch the bids

pour in. This one takes that idea even a step further to the "modded" level. Careful word

construction could make this mighty appealing to the right person. Might actually land one in

"sales I made a profit on column". I'm not suggesting at all to be less than totally forthcoming

on any aspect of it's description, only to add a tad to get some cogs turning. Title Line like say

"Smugglers Blues Swiss Army Knife Toolbox Telecaster" throw a few "items" in the pool to

drive home the idea in the photos and see what it does. Somebody will be interested in it

for the lies they could tell about it. Somebody will want it to "save it or fix it". Might be worth a

shot. For the record: I have never sold a guitar on Ebay but have purchased several and I'm

writing this simply based on my personal observations of ads seen there-in.

Wedgie

Okay, so I went to the shop this afternoon, returned it and got my money back.

But when I showed the printed photo of that mutilated body to the guy at the shop, he went, "Oh no!!!"

Turned out that they gave the guy who had traded it in $650 trade-in credit that went toward a purchase.

Apparently, they did not know that the body was mutilated...

So he was like, "Man, we've been had---."

And I was like, "Yes you have..."

I thought of getting that Alleykat, which was at a different store. But I was not feeling it, though...

Rather, I was feeling for a Tele...

That shop had a brand new Nashville Tele with maple board that I could have for $580 out-the-door.

I said I would think about it and left.

Hmmm, Tele or Alleykat... Tele or Alleykat...

The quest continues...

I like your logic here.... "Pool" your resources, re "Route"you attention, focusing on a "Hollow" body... and hey presto! the "Void" is filled by the presence of a humbucker pickup..... Yes, I have to admire you for that, out of a turd blooms a rose......:- =D> =D>

All joking aside, I'm glad that your local shop did you right! Now the big decision AlleyKat or Tele, I own an Alleykat that I've strung with flatwounds nice and mellow. Whenever you decided share with the group.

Matt

If they gave the previous owner $650 for the Telecaster, how much did they sell it to you for?

If you could have the Nashville Tele for $580, is it much of a stretch to buy both that and the Kat?

Or, buy the Kat, and then go back next week and buy the Tele you returned for whatever it's discounted to.

If they gave the previous owner $650 for the Telecaster' date=' how much did they sell it to you for?

If you could have the Nashville Tele for $580, is it much of a stretch to buy both that and the Kat?

Or, buy the Kat, and then go back next week and buy the Tele you returned for whatever it's discounted to.[/quote']

I paid $530 out the door for that Tele.

The asking price was $650, but I talked them down to that for three reasons.

1. The neck was sanded, 2. I was paying in cash, and 3. that CIJ Fender Tele with the untouched neck was sold around $550-$600 on Ebay.

It may sound strange that they were asking for the same $$ as the amount of trade-in value they had given to it.

But that place focuses more on vintage Fenders and Gibsons, and maybe that previous owner bought a big-ticket item like that 1974 Fender Stratocaster w/ohsc they have there for $3,850 and the shop was happy give him $650 trade-in value, which was more than the fair market value???

(Or--- that $650 trade-in credit was a complete BS??? But I do think they are decent people...)

So with that $530 I got back, I can't get both Nashville Tele and AlleyKat.

It's either get the Alleykat for $477 out the door or the Nashville Tele for $580.

Or, I'll just keep watching Craigslist and try to locate a used Tele and Alleykat to get both...

Archived