Gibson Brands Forums

want something like shearaton II w/ thicker neck

eagle_eyes

Hi, I just bought a Sheraton II from 1998. I really like the guitar but find the neck profile too shallow, my hand cramps up and I find it hard to relax.

My only other guitar is a 95 american strat and that is alright but still a tad on the small side for me. I have played a few of the Harmony guitars before that I seemed to like the profile of. This was one of them, http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=2030411

What would be some other semi-hollowbody guitar's to look into with a little beefer neck? Educate me on the good ones to look out for, I am a bass player turned guitarist so have a limited knowledge of guitars.

Info: Cheap is cool but I just got 2,000 cash from selling bass gear. I play indie/garage rock, a bit like the Black Lips if you ever heard them.

Eagle,

You might want to check out my early 1980's Epi Emperor (Matsumoku) for sale on Ebay. It has the widest neck of any of the 19 guitars I have (Harmonies (12), Fender Strat, Gibson Melody Maker, etc.). Plays like a dream, thinline, semi-hollow. It takes a little getting used to when switching from a thin neck but, you'll get to lovin' it fast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170313153905

thanks for suggestion and sorry if that was common knowledge.

i am looking into finding a Elitist '63 ES-335 Dot in cherry finish now. i barely missed one on ebay i wouldve gone for.

btw here is my guitar, its not that old according to the Guitar Dater Project (Peerless Plant, Korea

March 1998) but it has quite the vintage vibe with the cream binding, faded gold hardware, and dark amber-ish natural finish.

2792363880077700295S425x425Q85.jpg

2042432750077700295S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived