Gibson Brands Forums

LP double cutaway

EQ79

Defintely did. I have not seen one in the new lineup, but in years past they have had several variations. I just sold s Double Cut Les Paul Special(with 2 p90's and a set neck), it was from the Samick plant in Korea I believe and was made in '96. The DelRay was another Les Paul double cut type I believe and I am sure there probably were a couple others.. Here is a pic of my Special

l_5ab659e983d74e84b1ae9ee7edd740dd.jpg

Yeah i have seen a couple in the past in cherry and TV yellow as well if I remember.

The Gibson Les Paul faded DC can also be found quite cheaply. Set neck, P90s, Gibson. Great quality guitars for the money and you get a cool selector switch too (rythm/treble). My housemate has the SG Faded Cherry and I had a Les Paul Faded Cherry and it was a slick little thing! Might be worth a shout...

lpfd_wy.jpg

31PVRNE9H3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I hope they make a double cut LP again one day. I'd be super keen for one in TV yellow with P90s. I imagine they could structure it a lot like the current Les Paul single cut range, have cheaper, bolt neck versions, standard set neck versions, and more pricey versions with flamed finishes etc. I wonder why they don't produce one at present. It's not like they don't already produce most other Gibson guitars. And besides, a Gibson is a bit more niche specific, those who want a Gibson will buy a Gibson, and those of us who are mere mortals and don't have thousands to spend on a guitar are quite content with our Epis!

That Del Rey is really nice. I may look into one of those. What would be good years to look at. Thanks.

They were made for only a couple of years...'97 - '98 or so, I believe. Difficult to find but not impossible. I'd say get whatever you find and feel lucky. I think it was a mistake to discontinue the Del Rey but, what the hey, I got mine. ;)

I look for them from time to time, even found one on CL today...I disremember what city. Seems like they wanted $400 for it. A good deal, IMO.

Archived