Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elitist 63 DOT ES 335 neck natural

newlife15

hello all,

i have an opportunity to purchase the above described guitar for $800.00 Never Played.

someone won it 3 years Ago and put it away. brand spanking new in it's case.

i don't have pics yet but i plan to put them up soon

they have 50SR USA humbucker and 50 ST USA humbucker.

now here is my dilema.....

I just got (for christmas) a made in china Sheraton in natural which by the way plays sweetly

i just switched the PU's to classic 57 and classic 57 plus and also got a bone nut and set the guitar up

really nice.

But i have a wife which means i will have to get rid of the Sheri.

i need some help here as to what to do.

i need my Epi brothers to step up and give me some sound advice.......

is it worth getting the 335?

what should i sell my sheri for?

how do I explain this to my wife?

do i ignor here anger :-)

let's go fellas i need some help....:-k[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Thats' tough.

For me it comes right down to the two guitars.

After you've spent time and effort on the sheri... the elitist has to be as good or better..

If it holds up there... you'd still have to balance your savings on it, with your loss on selling the sheri.

Can't predict either of those things.

the wife. hmmm.

cliff. push. whistle.

ok ok.. maybe not.

what am I the answer man?

TWANG

My avatar is one of my two elitist dots. I paid more than $800 for both of them. Considering their scarcity $800 is more than a steal. That would be an incredible deal. If you don't like it I'm betting you can make a tidy profit by re-selling it.

I wouldn't sell either one of mine for any price.

Buy the Dot!! It's a shame though after you've spent that effort and money on the Sheraton but if you're not too attached to the Sheraton and you can get at least what you paid for it with the upgrades then it's well worth getting the Dot. I just got an Elitist today and I can hardly put it down. Even the case gives me a warm feeling inside. Plus, as its been mentioned - it may be a long time before Epiphone bring out such affordable quaity so I don't think they'll be affordable for long.

Buy the Elitist Dot and sell the Sheri. Before you sell the Sheri, switch the Classic '57's to the Dot. The PUPs in the Dot are very good, but the '57s are a little sweeter, to my ear (I have both an Elitist Dot and a Gibson 335, and the slightly hotter, brasher PUPs in the Elitist are the biggest difference between the two. I also have an ES 339 with the '57s, and they sound excellent in it, too. They are exceptional PUPs.)

I would set the Elitist PUPs aside, and sell the Sheraton with the stock PUPs that came with it. You probably won't get any more money for a Sheraton with upgraded PUPs, anyway, and in the the future, it may be in your best interest to have the ability to return the Elitist stock, in case they become collectable in any way.

$800 for anew Elitist Dot is a steal. Heck, for the quaility and performance, they were a steal for full price.

Red 333

Archived