Gibson Brands Forums

Duncan P-Rails

brianh

I've been trying to decide what PUPs to put into my Genesis restoration project, and I ran across these which look to be a great "have your cake and eat it too" comination of p-90s and Hbuckers in one package:

SDP-Rail.gif

SHPR-1

Here's a review: GP Review

Anyone had any experience with these? Is it a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, or do they work fairly well as the article claims? At $89 @, they are relatively affordable compared to Gibson P-90s.

Thanks,

I've been trying to decide what PUPs to put into my Genesis restoration project' date=' and I ran across these which look to be a great "have your cake and eat it too" comination of p-90s and Hbuckers in one package:

[img']http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/brianehuff/SDP-Rail.gif[/img]

SHPR-1

Here's a review: GP Review

Anyone had any experience with these? Is it a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, or do they work fairly well as the article claims? At $89 @, they are relatively affordable compared to Gibson P-90s.

Thanks,

brainh,

there is a guy on youtube that does some relicing on peavey reactors and he uses one of those in one he did.

let me check around and see if I can find the video...if not just type in peavey reactor and it should come up.

sounds good in his mod of the reactor.

Capt

ps....here it is,

doesn't sound as good as Duncan's sound tracks...but hey...lol

btw if you get a chance to find one of these early 90s peavey reactors...try one out...the neck is sweet.

Thanksamillion CaptM' date=' just what I needed.

If that didn't sell me on the P-Rail, this one did:

[/quote']

That was the video I was going to point you to, it sold me.

That guy plays a mean slide guitar

Archived