Gibson Brands Forums

Removing The Stickers on The Back of headstock.

Sinb

only a lightening strike from at top the third highest mountain in the world can solve this problem....

there is a thread right next to this one coooooooommmmmme ooooonnnnnnnnnn

What are you talking about?

I would leave them on there so that its all original but thats just me. If you are determined tog et the stickers off of there then you can use a product called "Guitar Honey". This stuff is awesome! Its main use is to for dressing and conditioning the fret board but you can use it to remove decals too. Cheers!

the problem with rubbing alcohol is that it leaves a film.

hot water n soap. then if you're real picky, some naptha to clean up the soap scum.

this solvent is good for guitar finishes. i even use it on violins. it disappears into thin air - just don't stand above it while using it!

also, it has a low flash point. meaning just the rubbing of the rag or balling it up and throwing the rag in the garbage can cause a fire. its good for cleaning frets - tends to dry out fingerboards, just follow it with oils. when you're cleaning bridge parts aswell, mix oil and naptha - you see a wikkid chemical reaction, but its only the solvent evaporating. basically, you dip your parts in the naptha/oil mixture, and the solvent evaporates and you're left with a nice thin, consistent oil film! great for bridge parts and a nice way to thin out oil to clean/lube sealed machine heads.

naptha - get it in your shop!

Archived