Gibson Brands Forums

Black toggle rubber top

Eighthnote

I bought what was advertised on Ebay as an Epiphone part for my Double neck. I'm looking for a black toggle switch top for it. The item I got looked exactly like the two others that are on my guitar but when I tried to attach it the threads on the inside were just too big. The toggle top slipped right over the stem without being able to be screwed on. If any one knows the where abouts of one of these replacements I would be much appreciative. Or if you know the thread size that would help also. Thanks in advance...............I'm going to try to change my pic so you can see the guitar I'm referring.

Two things...

First, I've fought the same battle you are fighting. There are too many variables in the switches epi uses as "stock" to be able to reliably order switch caps for them... I went through 4 different brands and thread sizes before I just gave up. You're best bet is to replace the switches with switchcraft replacements, then the standard US Gibson size replacements will fit fine, plus you have a better switch.

And second, I posted a photo posting tutorial in the feedback section that has been stickied' so you don't have to use your avatar to post a pic of the guitar in question. You can check that thread out, and it walks you through posting a pic or pics in a thread.

I bought what was advertised on Ebay as an Epiphone part for my Double neck. I'm looking for a black toggle switch top for it. The item I got looked exactly like the two others that are on my guitar but when I tried to attach it the threads on the inside were just too big. The toggle top slipped right over the stem without being able to be screwed on. If any one knows the where abouts of one of these replacements I would be much appreciative. Or if you know the thread size that would help also. Thanks in advance...............I'm going to try to change my pic so you can see the guitar I'm referring.

The ones with the larger threads are for the USA/Switchcraft switch. If you email me your address, I'll send you a metric switch cap that should fit.

jkmcleer@yahoo.com

I've got a box full..metric and usa..

I've had a lot of epis in and they all took metric without any problem.

Jerrys probably right though, they may not be perfectly consistent, I dunno except by experience.

You can put a piece of paper inside the switch tip.. tiny.. and when you screw it on, the paper will make it tight.

It bulges into the tip threads and into the knob threads.. and goes on tight.

a dab of cheap white glue will do the same thing.. put a drop or two inside the little knob. .screw it on. clean up excess.. let dry for

half an hour.. voila.. stays right on.

cheap white glue.. like elmers.. will break out easily, too.. so it isn't stuck forever. works best with combo of paper and glue.

TWANG

Now.. you had to go and shoot your mouth off...

so.. suppose I took some construction paper. pretty thick paper.

and I glued these large sheets together until I had them solid body thick......

We could call it the forumphone.

If I could just find a nice ash softball bat.... I'd have the neck..

you know, I have enough to do in the shop without trouble makers.

TWANG

Archived