Gibson Brands Forums

non epiphone... eastwood

unreal77

Well, Epiphone chose to pull the Elitists, and apparently lost all interest in the "more than $1000 but a lot less than the cost of a Gibson" market slot. You can't blame other manufacturers for aiming at it instead.

This Eastwood received a good review in Guitar Player this month.

Beautiful looking thing too...

4197joeyleonenaturalFINAL.jpg?t=1239736854

And just look at the spec...

Model Name: JOEY LEONE SIGNATURE RBC

Price :$1199.00 US

History

The only thing traditional about this guitar is the body style - Flamed Maple Top, Back and Sides - Semi-hollow Bound body top and back, bound SET one-piece Mahogany neck - Mother of pearl inlays and giant E logo - three custom made P-90's with coil taps give you 27 useable tones. Includes Deluxe archtop hardshell case.

Colours: Tobacco Sunburst, Natural, Optional BIGBSY

Body: Flame Maple Top, Back, Side, Center Block

Neck: SET One Piece Mahogany

Fingerboard: Rosewood, Mother of Pearl markers

Scale Length: 25 1/2" (648mm)

Width at Nut: 1 11/16"

Pickups: Three Custom Kent Armstrong P-90's

Switching: 27 Positions, On, off, Coil Tap

Controls: Master Volume and Tone

Bridge: Tune-O-matic Bridge, Signature Trapeze Tail,

(optional BIGSBY, $129 installed, see Accessories)

Hardware: Grover Imperial Tuners

Strings: D'Addario #10

Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case INCLUDED

Unique Features: 27 Unique Tones, 9 Humbucking Positions

Epiphone might have to wake up one day. They can sit and hope that customers will happily fork out $699 for the newly-cheapened Sheraton and its ilk, and perhaps they can keep on making money that way...

But their competitors are turning out product of this quality.

I don't like the giant 'E' on the headstock - is that the best they could do for a logo? 8-[ Other than that' date= it's very nice![/quote]

ditto. very nice. i like the red one on the youtube link.

I had heard of these guitars before but had never saw or heard what one sounds like. I really like it. I liked the headstock minus the big logo. Looks like a pretty nice guitar. I don't know if I would pay that much for a guitar by a lesser known brand but if I played it and it just felt right, I suppose I just might.

Looks nice (except for the "E" and the headstock). I always reserve judgment until either I play it or someone posts up about playing it.

Here's another from PEERLESS that is currently interesting me. I wonder how this one sounds and plays. It reminds me of my old 1975 Gibson Les Paul Signature Hollow Body that I had when I was in college.

Archived