Gibson Brands Forums

String Saver Saddles

I put a set on my Tele and got a slight improvement in tone/sustain. In future, if I was replacing saddles on a guitar I intended to keep, I would buy Graphteck.

I wouldn't expect them to reduce string breakage much - unless your current saddles are faulty.

They certainly reduce tuning problems..and most of the comments I hear concerning tone and sustain are either no change or improvement.

I use graph tech on one guitar, and I'm putting tusq saddles on my sheri because I've never tried them before.

TWANG

I have some on my 335 and it definitely cuts down on string breakage. The tone seems darker & punchier to me, and a tiny bit less sustain. I'm glad I have them and prefer the darker tone. I swapped them out once and immediately switched back.

I like em - they definitely help with the guitar (Sheraton) stayin in tune. I use a capo quite a lot and had tuning problems before I fitted the saddles. Now there is no need to re-tune the guitar when I take the capo off, it stays in perfect tune - I also fitted a graph tech nut which also seems to help.

Archived