Gibson Brands Forums

BoyHowdy !!! HNAD !!!

RSDx

LOL !!!! Scored a brand spanking new V3 VJr 1/2stack for $150 ........ only thing needed was a light sanding of the fuse holder points - y'all know what I'm talkin' 'bout- ..... as I suspected. Dang, I lucked out on this buy !!! Now I can get to start modding my old Vjr combo w/o worrying about a good backup amp :D (Won't mention the incredibly lame Epi Studio 15R ss amp I have, but ..... that's a whole 'nother story - where I got the crappy amp/strap/tuner and my Epi STD+ from MF for $499... when MF was selling just the guitar for $549 .... somebody at MF screwed up, badly, and it was available that way for a few months back at that time.... the 15R is OK for low to mid volume cleans, and using headphones, but .... it's pretty lame, in the scheme of things ...even in the scheme of bedroom practice amps...)

I'm quite impressed with the the VJr 1/2 stack - pumps quite a bit more air than the 8" speakered combo, for sure !!!

Good deal, welcome the VJr 1/2 stack club! I got almost the same deal - $99 for the head at GC used, $75 for the cab on CL with a Hellatone speaker installed, both in perfect condion. I like it well enough, but I need to scare up the funds and cash for all the great mods. Waiting for the weather to turn so I'm trapped inside with nothing better to do...

It's cool - have swapped out the original Sovteks for the JJs I had in the combo........I LOVE the amount of air the 12" moves compared to the 8" combo speaker. I can live with these for a while ...... time to move on to another guit...or two :D .... and mods to the combo=d>

Archived